+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kion Etete - NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kion Etete- Spurs striker

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sounds like he's not the immediate answer to our problem position, more of another "project". On one level, the fact that he's six foot six is a bit of a negative, but if a team like Spurs were attracted to him originally, then you'd think there is a more rounded game there than that height may suggest.

Could all be rubbish of course, but this strikes me as the sort of player we're looking for given what Mehmet Dalman said on that video last week.

However, if the striker being mentioned on another board, Nahki Wells is the one who we want to sign on loan, then I'd say that an encouraging summer of rebuilding will be ending on a downbeat note.

From seeing him play u23 for Spurs twice he's got good feet / finds a cross - but dont remember him being on the end of a header or playing with back to goal - deep low crosses seemed to be how they played the ball into him

Nahki Wells - uninspiring - but if the case, hope he proves me wrong - wasn't he at QPR and was on fire one season then moved and stopped scoring? Maybe someone thinks we want to play like when he was at qpr and not BC hoof

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    From seeing him play u23 for Spurs twice he's got good feet / finds a cross - but dont remember him being on the end of a header or playing with back to goal - deep low crosses seemed to be how they played the ball into him

Nahki Wells - uninspiring - but if the case, hope he proves me wrong - wasn't he at QPR and was on fire one season then moved and stopped scoring? Maybe someone thinks we want to play like when he was at qpr and not BC hoof
    There’s a few goals by Etete when he was at Northampton and Cheltenham on video if you Google him - typical right place, right time striker’s goals, nothing special with one of them a close range header.

Not looked it up, but didn’t Wells score a hat trick against us in the New Years Day massacre a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s a few goals by Etete when he was at Northampton and Cheltenham on video if you Google him - typical right place, right time striker’s goals, nothing special with one of them a close range header.

Not looked it up, but didn’t Wells score a hat trick against us in the New Years Day massacre a few years back?
    Well, Well, Well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well, Well, Well.
    Very good.