+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Facts in the Daily Heil. Do us all a favour lol.
    Your ignorance shines through like a beacon. Either you read the Daily Mail and know it is an opinion led newspaper like the guardian, or you don't in which case by definition you don't know what you are talking about. In all honesty, it has a greater diversity of opinion than the guardian, although the journalism is generally more tabloid

I read both.

Just read a diversity of things. Life is too short, and you'll realise that many of your prejudices are wrong, and many of the things you consider gospel are also wrong.

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Your ignorance shines through like a beacon. Either you read the Daily Mail and know it is an opinion led newspaper like the guardian, or you don't in which case by definition you don't know what you are talking about. In all honesty, it has a greater diversity of opinion than the guardian, although the journalism is generally more tabloid

I read both.

Just read a diversity of things. Life is too short, and you'll realise that many of your prejudices are wrong, and many of the things you consider gospel are also wrong.
    Come on now James. We all know that the Daily Heil is a vile hateful rag. It certainly is not a “News Paper”.

Come on now James. We all know that the Daily Heil is a vile hateful rag. It certainly is not a “News Paper”.
    not everything they do is Heil or vile

Extract From Mail :

How YOU made Britain proud: More than 40million items of vital PPE for hospitals, care homes and charities, and £11.7m donated by generous readers and benefactors... Now PM and NHS chief lead praise for 'historic' Mail Force campaign.

Mail Force charity has donated more than 40million pieces of personal protective equipment during Covid
    The last donations to Mail Force charity took the total past £11.7million, exceeding all expectations.

Every penny donated by tens of thousands of readers has gone straight to fight against coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    not everything they do is Heil or vile

Extract From Mail :

How YOU made Britain proud: More than 40million items of vital PPE for hospitals, care homes and charities, and £11.7m donated by generous readers and benefactors... Now PM and NHS chief lead praise for 'historic' Mail Force campaign.

Mail Force charity has donated more than 40million pieces of personal protective equipment during Covid
    The last donations to Mail Force charity took the total past £11.7million, exceeding all expectations.

Every penny donated by tens of thousands of readers has gone straight to fight against coronavirus
    This is incredible, yeah let's rely on donations for every area in life, just like those school teachers in usa fighting for money on ice rinks for supplies for their students. Why don't we dig Captain Tom out of his grave and put on some punch and judy while we're at it.

This is how it works old man. Taxes are cut for the richest, then they make a small donation and then simple folk say 'see look how generous they are, tHeY DiDnT hAvE tO dO tHaT'.

We don't know that. I am well aware of it's reputation of course, but equally a lot of people who don't read it spread somewhat inaccurate stories about it. It's pretty good at holding governments to account in it's own way and has some very commendable campaigns. It does also have a greater diversity of opinion within it, which I think is important.

Personally, I see more abuse and 'hate' coming from people who object to it than people who support it, it's just in the minds of polite society that is an acceptable form of hate.

But hey, I don't advocate it. If you only read one paper don't read the Daily Mail. But you are better off reading a variety, and if you want to understand the country you live in, ignoring it's most popular media sources is rarely a good idea.

Also, i like the women in the 'right hand' column on the daily mail website.