+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan Backing club yet again

Re: Tan Backing club yet again

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If you call selling our talisman on the cheap and using what little money we got for him on 5 temporary loans, lasting all of 4 months, then I dread to think what will happen when he doesn’t “back us”.

Just opinions that’s all , I was pleasantly surprised with the acquisitions. The fee they got for Moore was undisclosed and the club were happy so that’s all that counts.

Time will tell, and if City don’t stay up then of course it will be a disaster of a window.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just opinions that’s all , I was pleasantly surprised with the acquisitions. The fee they got for Moore was undisclosed and the club were happy so that’s all that counts.

Time will tell, and if City don’t stay up then of course it will be a disaster of a window.
    Let’s be honest It’s undisclosed for a reason. If we got decent money for him the club would be shouting from the rooftops to avoid the negative PR.

This will be like a red rag to a bull for some on here

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So come the summer, all the loans go back, many players contracts ending , so next season’s manager in the same situation as Malky in 2011, a squad of around 10 for next season.
    Come off it. We've brought 6 players in on loan, all of whom offer something completely different to what Morison inherited, and sold our most valuable player in monetary terms who coincidentally didn't want to play for us and preferred to have a move away. This signals that the whole make up of this cumbersome, plodding squad is changing. We may not have all of these loanees returning next season, but one or two may return. It's also been the most successful window I can remember, business done efficiently and without fuss. Maybe behind the scenes the club is doing things differently.

Let’s be honest It’s undisclosed for a reason. If we got decent money for him the club would be shouting from the rooftops to avoid the negative PR.
    I think it’s quite the opposite. If the club received decent money, then that would have a bearing on future transfer / loan fees in that the selling club will know we have money to spend. They are not hiding the fee as it would show on the statement of financial position.

I think it’s quite the opposite. If the club received decent money, then that would have a bearing on future transfer / loan fees in that the selling club will know we have money to spend. They are not hiding the fee as it would show on the statement of financial position.
    I tihnk we got between 3 and 4 million and the club don't want a backlash from the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    lets see what kind of shape we are in after the summer before we start lavishing praise on Tan and the board.

We have a massive few months ahead of us -
    • Avoiding relegation
    • A managerial appointment in the summer
    • 3 looming court cases
    • a total squad overhaul at the end of the season.

there is plenty of opportunity for any of those things to **** us up for a long time ,so they have to be right.
    I am very disappointed nobody has remarked on the beautiful bullet points I've created here.
    I'm more proud of it than anything else I've done in work this morning.

I tihnk we got between 3 and 4 million and the club don't want a backlash from the fans

What backlash… most fans are happy he’s moved on aren’t they ?

I am very disappointed nobody has remarked on the beautiful bullet points I've created here.
    I'm more proud of it than anything else I've done in work this morning.
    Both the presentation and content are a thing of beauty. I like both mate. Good job

What backlash… most fans are happy he’s moved on aren’t they ?
    A few months back I’d have been very disappointed, not so now.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Both the presentation and content are a thing of beauty. I like both mate. Good job
    Do you mind if i quote this in my annual appraisal this year?

Do you mind if i quote this in my annual appraisal this year?

If you call selling our talisman on the cheap and using what little money we got for him on 5 temporary loans, lasting all of 4 months, then I dread to think what will happen when he doesn’t “back us”.
    I very much doubt that the Moore money has been used on the loans.
    Surely it’s more likely that they’re keeping it for the summer?
    The whole point of the loans is to keep us in the league, take pressure off the academy lads and let them learn from others.
    Come the summer, the club will hopefully be able to put the money to better use - particularly as we could even have a different manager.
    The coming off season is going to see a lot of change!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I very much doubt that the Moore money has been used on the loans.
    Surely it’s more likely that they’re keeping it for the summer?
    The whole point of the loans is to keep us in the league, take pressure off the academy lads and let them learn from others.
    Come the summer, the club will hopefully be able to put the money to better use - particularly as we could even have a different manager.
    The coming off season is going to see a lot of change!
    none of us have any idea, we might have spend very little on the loans, or we might easily have spent far more than the moore fee in loan fees alone

I maybe wrong but from memory pretty much all transfers in recent times have been undisclosed. Always guesses in the media but I’ve rarely notice the club confirm a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I maybe wrong but from memory pretty much all transfers in recent times have been undisclosed. Always guesses in the media but I’ve rarely notice the club confirm a fee.
    Except Zohore, I wouldn't blame them if we posted 'the anniversary of selling Zohore for £8 million' on social media every year.

Recent times are more likely to be us paying up a contract to get someone out of the building than getting a transfer fee. Or releasing a shit load of players this summer coming because we can’t get a resale on them.

I know you like to defend the club at all costs but the transfer committee has been nothing short of incompetent since it’s inception. 3 blokes who know **** all about football and a guy who’s been round the block a long time running rings around them all has set this club back years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely it's more of a case that Swansea aren't going anywhere this season so there's no point spending any money unless it is for the right player and there's a longer term view. Ours was out of necessity with relegation being a very real threat. I suspect the Moore transfer money has paid for the loan deals in any case, so it's maybe not that much about being backed by Tan.
    And you don’t think that Swansea are in any danger of relegation ? I suggest you look at the table and recent form. They are sleep walking their way towards the bottom three.

That is exactly what has been publicised by WOL and others, which Steve Morison stated was wide of the mark and ‘don't believe what you read in the media’.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And you don’t think that Swansea are in any danger of relegation ? I suggest you look at the table and recent form. They are sleep walking their way towards the bottom three.
    If Peterborough keep up their season's points average they'll have 34 points by the end. Barnsley are gone. Reading are 10 points worse off than the Jacks.

This season will likely see a record low points needed for survival. Anyone who gets 40 points will survive. I reckon it'll be lower than that.

2 wins and a draw or two would see Swansea safe.

In fact, try making a case that 4 of the 6 sides below them will make 33 points this season. Barnsley won't. Derby probably won't. Peterborough will struggle to. Reading might not in their current form.

You're not wrong, lots are undisclosed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

That is exactly what has been publicised by WOL and others, which Steve Morison stated was wide of the mark and ‘don't believe what you read in the media’.
    What do you believe it was less Dave?

We can only hope….let’s hope we absolutely do them here in a few weeks, like they’ve done to us at their place on countless occasions over the last 10 yrs…4.0 would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely it's more of a case that Swansea aren't going anywhere this season so there's no point spending any money unless it is for the right player and there's a longer term view. Ours was out of necessity with relegation being a very real threat. I suspect the Moore transfer money has paid for the loan deals in any case, so it's maybe not that much about being backed by Tan.
    Swansea have spent plenty of money including this window.

In the summer.

Theyve bought 3 strikers not loaned. Plus Downes. Ntcham would im sure have commanded a decent signing on fee as well as Paterson and Walsh. Plus loans from Man U and Liverpool.

This window theyve purchased not loaned a keeper and left back plus loaned a young player from Germany and Christie who have both gone straight into their 1st team and a young player from Man City.

Their completely deluded and self entitled fan base think they should be splashing more cash and want their club back again now they are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Swansea have spent plenty of money including this window.

In the summer.

Theyve bought 3 strikers not loaned. Plus Downes. Ntcham would im sure have commanded a decent signing on fee as well as Paterson and Walsh. Plus loans from Man U and Liverpool.

This window theyve purchased not loaned a keeper and left back plus loaned a young player from Germany and Christie who have both gone straight into their 1st team and a young player from Man City.

Their completely deluded and self entitled fan base think they should be splashing more cash and want their club back again now they are losing.
    they are in a similar boat to us in that they've also run out of parachute payments this season. They sold a few players and got rid of some higher earners in the window as well, so it is probably within their means.

They also still have some saleable assets as well in Cabango, Grimes and now Piroe - all tied down to long contracts as well.
    So will be able to sell those for a good price if needed.