+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trans rights, do you care?

Re: Trans rights, do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'd say about 20 of them were. But you're in utter denial if you don't think the dailymail posts negative stories about transgender people almost daily.
    what positive spin can you put on a 70yr old woman having her eye socket broken by 'trans' activists, or the lesbian project being smoke bombed by 'trans' activists ?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    what positive spin can you put on a 70yr old woman having her eye socket broken by 'trans' activists, or the lesbian project being smoke bombed by 'trans' activists ?
    Absolutely none

It's all becoming a bit boring now, Trans is the new vegetarianism.

However = the next 1-2 years is going to be hilarious - Starma cant tell us if a woman can have a penis , meanwhile the jocks are split in 2 - one side wants to allow male born rapists to identify as female and go to a womans jail and the other side wants a ban on same sex marriage. They'll be tying themselves up in political knots for years over all this. Meanwhile Suzi Eddy Izzard is wondering he/she/they can go on the all women shortlist to be an MP, both themself and their penis.

I don't know what your point is.

I don't know what your point is.
    you gave a sensible reply, but now you dont understand that reporting 'trans' means covering a 50yr old woman being attacked by 'trans' rights activists , it means covering a little 70yr old man getting smashed in the face by huge drag queen, it means covering barbie kardashian, perhaps the grundians 'it didn't happen' stance it took to the wi spa incident suits you better.

you gave a sensible reply, but now you dont understand that reporting 'trans' means covering a 50yr old woman being attacked by 'trans' rights activists , it means covering a little 70yr old man getting smashed in the face by huge drag queen, it means covering barbie kardashian, perhaps the grundians 'it didn't happen' stance it took to the wi spa incident suits you better.
    I still don't know what your point is.

Today's dailymail rage bait - Nike using a transgender model.

Anything to ensure the plebs to vote against their interests to continue the fact that this country is being milked of its wealth and assets.

Anything to ensure the plebs to vote against their interests to continue the fact that this country is being milked of its wealth and assets.
    I thought only the right were full of conspiracy theories?

But now we have newspapers posting about transgenders to make people rage vote Torie so they can pick our pockets while they talk to us?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

But now we have newspapers posting about transgenders to make people rage vote Torie so they can pick our pockets while they talk to us?
    I don't think there is a great conspiracy here, it is far too obvious.

The Tories have said themselves they have a very narrow landing strip to win the next election. This seems to be targeting keeping enough predominantly male working class voters who came to them in droves on a pro Brexit/ anti-Corbyn ticket last time.

They think that this group is sufficiently socially conservative that if fed a diet of small boats, Rwanda, prison ships, trans, Pakistani Rape gangs they will overlook any wider inadequacies of 13 years of Tory rule. The trail of media stories amplifying this agenda is not accidental.

Who knows, it may work but this stuff is not going to go away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't think there is a great conspiracy here, it is far too obvious.

The Tories have said themselves they have a very narrow landing strip to win the next election. This seems to be targeting keeping enough predominantly male working class voters who came to them in droves on a pro Brexit/ anti-Corbyn ticket last time.

They think that this group is sufficiently socially conservative that if fed a diet of small boats, Rwanda, prison ships, trans, Pakistani Rape gangs they will overlook any wider inadequacies of 13 years of Tory rule. The trail of media stories amplifying this agenda is not accidental.

Who knows, it may work but this stuff is not going to go away anytime soon.
    I notice a lot of posts on this forum take a swipe at right wing conspiracy theorists that's all.

I notice a lot of posts on this forum take a swipe at right wing conspiracy theorists that's all.
    Yeah, quite a few are mine. I was just giving a view on why some of these stories are appearing more and more in certain sections of the press.

It's not a conspiracy theory though, are the newspapers not overwhelmingly conservative? Are they not pumping out article after article on culture wars to wind up the working classes and elderly?

Tell me exactly where I'm wrong.

did the mail cover the attack on female swimmer riley gaines by men in frocks?

saw this earlier regarding riley gaines seems like a new breed of unrest being unearthed amongst some of the youth of today . what is driving all this ?

Gutsy Lady, mind you she has fought her way out of tighter spots.

Gutsy Lady, mind you she has fought her way out of tighter spots.

perhaps that shows its not about left or right , but what is right

Tell me exactly where I'm wrong.
    Thinking I give a ****

perhaps that shows its not about left or right , but what is right
    Not sure really. I think she is right to argue for a level sporting playing field. Addressing CPAC and Republican groups, calling out Biden seems she is deliberately courting and aligning with right wing voices and what might be right is getting lost in the noise!

Not sure really. I think she is right to argue for a level sporting playing field. Addressing CPAC and Republican groups, calling out Biden seems she is deliberately courting and aligning with right wing voices and what might be right is getting lost in the noise!
    yes, and if the extreme left believed in a level sporting playing field they would be supporting her

Thinking I give a ****
    So you can't tell me where I'm wrong. If you don't care, why have you been posting here?

Another day another article on transgender people on the dailymail, this time Caitlyn Jenner weighs in on Nike using a transgender model. Very important stuff.

Meanwhile the average temperature of the oceans reached their highest point in recorded history, this should be front page news and mentioned on every TV news programme. But silence.

So you can't tell me where I'm wrong. If you don't care, why have you been posting here?

Another day another article on transgender people on the dailymail, this time Caitlyn Jenner weighs in on Nike using a transgender model. Very important stuff.

Meanwhile the average temperature of the oceans reached their highest point in recorded history, this should be front page news and mentioned on every TV news programme. But silence.
    I never set out to tell you where you were wrong. You got all twisted up in that..

I simply pointed out that conspiracy theories can be left or right. Seems very left leaning on here and the bias seems to call our right wing as conspiracy loons..

I'm not here to pat grown men on the back or hand out validation.

I never set out to tell you where you were wrong. You got all twisted up in that..

I simply pointed out that conspiracy theories can be left or right. Seems very left leaning on here and the bias seems to call our right wing as conspiracy loons..

I'm not here to pat grown men on the back or hand out validation.
    You've called me a 'conspiracy loon' but at no point have you tried to explain how I'm wrong.

I don't think saying that the daily mail serves the tories is earth shattering news.

IMO it's the activists who cause trouble for the Trans movement, not many really care about how individuals go about their business, I worked with a guy in the 80's who considered himself to be a woman and essentially lived as a woman, no one gave a stuff in the male dominant engineering business I worked at. However, if there are as reported, very young children being subjected to this stuff at schools, then yes I would be a concerned parent. Education of this stuff is important and many youngsters would not get the education from embarrassed or possibly religious parents so the school does have a part to play, I don't know if its any different now but I left school at 16 and maybe the last year of school could introduce this using suitably trained teachers, You should not expect Mrs. Harris the music teacher to deliver a lesson of this sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    On the other hand, it may be akin to the campaign for rights and equality for homosexuals in the 1960s and thereafter. Another calibration of our society in regard of a minority who consider themselves marginalised, ignored and/or discriminated against.
    You are correct. This current anti trans crusade in the right wing press is very reminiscent of the anti gay propaganda over the last 40 years.

The anti gay propaganda has subsided over the last 2 decades as more and more people are no longer scared to come out as gay. In the 70’s and 80’s the gay community was mostly underground and most people did not knowingly know many gay people. Today most people have friends and family members who are openly gay and accept it as normal and don’t think twice about. They are no longer attacked in the press as the smears no longer work.

If the attitudes of days past was still prevalent today, the gay community would still be hounded by the gutter press today.

Today it is the trans community that is now the target of smears from the right wing press. The old tropes have been taken out of storage and are now aimed at them. In the past gay people were labelled as paedophiles and a threat to children, this no longer works on them but is now aimed at trans people. The press then find the worst examples of trans people and then presents them as the average trans person.

The trans community are just the most recent group to be othered by the right wing. Over the last decade or so almost every one in this country has been deemed to enemy of the people as a cover for the right wing inability to competently run the country. These include NHS workers, junior doctors, GP’s, the unemployed, the disabled, railway workers, firefighters, remainers, unelected judges, lawyers etc etc etc.

Their aim is to get people wound up about trivial matters so that they ignore what has become of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    You are correct. This current anti trans crusade in the right wing press is very reminiscent of the anti gay propaganda over the last 40 years.

The anti gay propaganda has subsided over the last 2 decades as more and more people are no longer scared to come out as gay. In the 70’s and 80’s the gay community was mostly underground and most people did not knowingly know many gay people. Today most people have friends and family members who are openly gay and accept it as normal and don’t think twice about. They are no longer attacked in the press as the smears no longer work.

If the attitudes of days past was still prevalent today, the gay community would still be hounded by the gutter press today.

Today it is the trans community that is now the target of smears from the right wing press. The old tropes have been taken out of storage and are now aimed at them. In the past gay people were labelled as paedophiles and a threat to children, this no longer works on them but is now aimed at trans people. The press then find the worst examples of trans people and then presents them as the average trans person.

The trans community are just the most recent group to be othered by the right wing. Over the last decade or so almost every one in this country has been deemed to enemy of the people as a cover for the right wing inability to competently run the country. These include NHS workers, junior doctors, GP’s, the unemployed, the disabled, railway workers, firefighters, remainers, unelected judges, lawyers etc etc etc.

Their aim is to get people wound up about trivial matters so that they ignore what has become of this country.
    How many times can you say right-wing in one post? That's an impressive number, even for CCMB!

I don't see it like this. I think both political wings and certainly parties are broadly on the same level on this. Remember the most famous trans woman in America is probably Caitlyn Jenner (very much s republican) and in the UK it's arguably Kellie Maloney who stood for UKIP twice.

I agree that the left-wing press is probably more supportive, which is good on an individual level, but there are undeniable issues that do arise that don't with sexuality. Women's only spaces, women's sports, prisons being the most recent examples. There is also a genuine fear over the extreme wing of some gender ideologies, and a manifesto was left behind by the person who killed the kids in the school in Nashville the other week. In that sense, perhaps the right-wing press is asking better questions even if some of them are also unhelpful and like you said, presenting the worst examples to their readers.

I have a lot of respect for transgender people. It can't be easy, especially growing up. But that doesn't mean that there aren't real questions for society more generally and ignoring them or pretending that people won't potentially exploit legislation is not helpful to anyone in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post

attacks on lesbians and straight women by 'trans' are increasing driven by the extreme left , one would have thought the knuckle dragging swivel etc would lead the charge.