+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: what was Tallinn like ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: what was Tallinn like ?

My last Eastern European trip took in Moldova, Transnistria, Odessa and Kiev (both The Ukraine), Belarus and Lithuania. Odessa had a Parisian feel about it and Minsk was surprisingly very sophisticated. The prize goes to Transnistria (aka Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic) though. It's a rogue beakaway state state(from Moldova) run by the Russians and gangs and which doesn't cuturally dovetail into countries to the west. Cards don't work in their ATM systems, using foreign currency in shops wasn't allowed and currency could only be exchanged officially in banks that open during office hours. Oh, and I believe that the flag is the only one still around that includes a hammer and sickle. It's not an attractive place for tourists (and you can't fly in there direct) but it's wonderfully spooky and off the beaten track.

Re: what was Tallinn like ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My last Eastern European trip took in Moldova, Transnistria, Odessa and Kiev (both The Ukraine), Belarus and Lithuania. Odessa had a Parisian feel about it and Minsk was surprisingly very sophisticated. The prize goes to Transnistria (aka Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic) though. It's a rogue beakaway state state(from Moldova) run by the Russians and gangs and which doesn't cuturally dovetail into countries to the west. Cards don't work in their ATM systems, using foreign currency in shops wasn't allowed and currency could only be exchanged officially in banks that open during office hours. Oh, and I believe that the flag is the only one still around that includes a hammer and sickle. It's not an attractive place for tourists (and you can't fly in there direct) but it's wonderfully spooky and off the beaten track.
    & no phone connections