+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Do you want Steve Morison to be our manager until the end of the season?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 73.13%
  • No

18 26.87%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

Re: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

give him till xmas

Re: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    give him till xmas
    I'd give him a rolling contract with the understanding that If if if goes wrong he goes back to his old role

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football management or management of the club ?
    Sorry quoted wrong person !

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm on the fence concerning Morison, firmly on the the fence as well. We've been burnt because the three amigos didn't do their due diligence concerning managerial appointments, and that includes Warnocks appointment in my opinion. It's not the fault of Harris, Mick etc, it's those that appoint them. We've been burnt by piss poor management rather than the length of contract.
    Piss poor management - Warnock ? That must be why most people gave him a standing ovation at the end of the Boro game the other week then and got him to to the fist pump as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Piss poor management - Warnock ? That must be why most people gave him a standing ovation at the end of the Boro game the other week then and got him to to the fist pump as well.
    You seem to think Warnock was only manager until the end of our promotion season and then, presumably, a hologram of him took over. He was a very good manager of City for about eighteen months and then a piss poor one for eighteen months after that.

Not for me albeit not sure who I want. Poor against Stoke for all bar 5 mins, poor on Wednesday bar a late rally and not great on Saturday for the first 70 mins. I thought his line up on Saturday wasn't great and the game was begging out for Colwill from half time onwards but it took him ages to make the change. Got away with it really but having said that, I'd prefer him over Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Not for me albeit not sure who I want. Poor against Stoke for all bar 5 mins, poor on Wednesday bar a late rally and not great on Saturday for the first 70 mins. I thought his line up on Saturday wasn't great and the game was begging out for Colwill from half time onwards but it took him ages to make the change. Got away with it really but having said that, I'd prefer him over Flynn.
    I'd judge the progress, he's working with players that are shot to bits confidence wise I think it'll take a while. His u23 team seem to play alright..

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    we seem to be improving, although still too fragile at the back and not incisive enough going forward. we just need to stay up though and bring the kids though.
    most encouraging for me was at 0-0 we looked a genuinely good team until the goal from nothing. McGuiness and Nelson both overlapped and joined in the attack at times from the flank.
    after the error for the goal several players went over to reassure McGuiness, and they didn't let their heads drop or start blaming each other. then Huddersfield shut the game right down and we looked pretty toothless.
    I'd really like to see us play a game where we score first as I think we will look SO much better

We spoke at the game on Saturday to a man everyone wants one R Steve .

He can manage , he knows the youngsters ( very well ) whose future is in our hands , he knows the game as a tough no nonsense striker ( which will help Moore develop ) probably still got playing contacts in the game for his Wall days , played for Wales

How difficult is this

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You seem to think Warnock was only manager until the end of our promotion season and then, presumably, a hologram of him took over. He was a very good manager of City for about eighteen months and then a piss poor one for eighteen months after that.
    Who in his later 18 months had to put up with a lot after the Sala moment , nearly kept us in the Premiership league with nothing in terms of quality skilled players , carried on with his fan connection group meetings , of course he was on the wain he always is a short term answer he is not a long term manager , to describe it as piss poor latterly 18 months is harsh .

Lets not forget he was brought in to save us going down in troubling times , he did more than therefore he deservers better reviews in my opinion .

I dont think Morison is the choice we should be making. Huge gamble.

But on what looks like the alternatives then id take him.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who in his later 18 months had to put up with a lot after the Sala moment , nearly kept us in the Premiership league with nothing in terms of quality skilled players , carried on with his fan connection group meetings , of course he was on the wain he always is a short term answer he is not a long term manager , to describe it as piss poor latterly 18 months is harsh .

Lets not forget he was brought in to save us going down in troubling times , he did more than therefore he deservers better reviews in my opinion .
    Why did we have "nothing in terms of quality skilled players"? He did nothing to improve that situation - indeed, during the summer of 2019 he seemed to be deliberately building a team lacking in skil. You and people like dml act as if what happened under Warnock after 17/18 doesn't exist - full credit to what he did at City initially, but any managerial stay has to be considered as a whole and, for all the plusses early on, he left us with a heap of problems.

We've completely changed the way we play in the space of a week, and the players are reacting to it. I didn't watch us against Stoke, but in the last two games I thought the improvement on performances under Mick was massive. He's using the youngsters right, and I can't wait to see Zimba. A new manager might undo all that hard work.

The reactions and togetherness at the final whistle was great to see. Give it to Morrison!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why did we have "nothing in terms of quality skilled players"? He did nothing to improve that situation - indeed, during the summer of 2019 he seemed to be deliberately building a team lacking in skil. You and people like dml act as if what happened under Warnock after 17/18 doesn't exist - full credit to what he did at City initially, but any managerial stay has to be considered as a whole and, for all the plusses early on, he left us with a heap of problems.
    I think any forward thinking, professional, competent board would have thanked him for all his great work in getting us promoted, given him a tidy golden handshake, and sacked him straight away before he had any chance of managing us in the Premier.

I would also mention that in my opinion, any forward thinking, professional, competent board should have been savvy enough and ruthless enough to have got our new Premiership manager in place and ready to take over the day after our last home match that season against Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think any forward thinking, professional, competent board would have thanked him for all his great work in getting us promoted, given him a tidy golden handshake, and sacked him straight away before he had any chance of managing us in the Premier.

I would also mention that in my opinion, any forward thinking, professional, competent board should have been savvy enough and ruthless enough to have got our new Premiership manager in place and ready to take over the day after our last home match that season against Reading.
    that would have been a very bold move, they would have been hugely unpopular if they have done that and criticized from all sides. it's not surprising nthat they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that would have been a very bold move, they would have been hugely unpopular if they have done that and criticized from all sides. it's not surprising nthat they didn't.
    Yes, they would have. But it should have at least been done by January 2019 after only 4 wins out of 20 (14 losses?). He was out of his depth and needed replacing. What a different world it would be if they had. Personally, I'd have sacked him just for his pre-season debacle in Cornwall and giving Callum Paterson a 4 year contract and playing him as a striker. That's as bad as anything Mad Mick did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

There's reasons to criticise our board but has any board ever actually done this?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's reasons to criticise our board but has any board ever actually done this?
    apparently Mainz in about 2009 sacked their manager who got them promoted to the bundesliga. Surprised Watford haven't tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    apparently Mainz in about 2009 sacked their manager who got them promoted to the bundesliga. Surprised Watford haven't tbh
    I thought Watford did, can’t remember which season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think Morison is the choice we should be making. Huge gamble.

But on what looks like the alternatives then id take him.
    Agree ita a gamble

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I agree. The reaction of the crowd on his return is probably a fairer reflection of how he is remembered and respected than the bizarre summing up of a couple of dozen regulars on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agree ita a gamble
    I think I’m this position any appointment is a gamble.

Probably the safest bet for us staying up is Warnock but I don’t think that’s right for us either.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Fabio Capello - Real Madrid?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think I’m this position any appointment is a gamble.

Probably the safest bet for us staying up is Warnock but I don’t think that’s right for us either.
    I'd give him a go personally, on the fence slightly as I like his work with the u23 as well, but yeah it's a gamble and I don't think many choices out there will be anything but a gamble we are in a precarious position..

Good to see the range of opinions as well to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I agree. The reaction of the crowd on his return is probably a fairer reflection of how he is remembered and respected than the bizarre summing up of a couple of dozen regulars on here.
    The reaction of the crowd on his return was vomit-inducing. We'd just lost.