+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dillon Phillips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dillon Phillips

Smithies wasn't playing particularly well in the games before he was ill, but I still think he's a better goalkeeper than Phillips at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Smithies wasn't playing particularly well in the games before he was ill, but I still think he's a better goalkeeper than Phillips at the moment.
    I agree with all of that, but Phillips hasn't let us down at all yet and so I'd say he has to keep the shirt for now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with all of that, but Phillips hasn't let us down at all yet and so I'd say he has to keep the shirt for now.
    This is how i see it too Paul. And judging by a pre kick off Sky sports interview with MM last night, that is how it is going to be. I really think the same should have happened with Bagan, but Bennett got the nod when fit, even though Bagan played well/did nothing wrong to be dropped. But the latter happened when NH was calling the shots.
    Spedger

I think McCarthy’s get out of jail free card is the fact that Smithies actually decided himself that he was too ill to carry on. It’s not as though he was dropped for one or two errors, taking umbrage after saving us many times. I’m sure Smithies, being the good pro that I assume he is, realises his illness prompted the change, not a perceived loss of form and understands Phillips grabbing his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think McCarthy’s get out of jail free card is the fact that Smithies actually decided himself that he was too ill to carry on. It’s not as though he was dropped for one or two errors, taking umbrage after saving us many times. I’m sure Smithies, being the good pro that I assume he is, realises his illness prompted the change, not a perceived loss of form and understands Phillips grabbing his chance.
    Also Smithies has shown before that he's prepared to bide his time and take his chance when it comes, top professional

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Also Smithies has shown before that he's prepared to bide his time and take his chance when it comes, top professional
    Both him and Etheridge were an absolute credit to themselves the way they conducted themselves.