+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Just a quick update from me. First symptoms on Sept 16th, minor sore throat. 9 people caught Covid in the same meeting despite us using all of the benchmark measures. At no point have I had an elevated temperature, cough or loss of taste. For a week of so I had muscle fatigue, chronic gastric issues, diarrhea, ate nothing and drank gallons of water. That was followed by a week or so struggling to breath, dizziness & loss of co-ordination. Slowly over the last week things have got back to normal but with the occasional day where the breathing issues return. it's now just shy of 4 weeks and nearly sorted. One major continued showstopper is smoke, perfume or deodorant, which flattens me immediately! I've also lost nearly 2 stone in the last month.

I think I've got away relatively lightly. Be warned about the "symptoms", as in my case, I had "none" of the tell tale symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just a quick update from me. First symptoms on Sept 16th, minor sore throat. 9 people caught Covid in the same meeting despite us using all of the benchmark measures. At no point have I had an elevated temperature, cough or loss of taste. For a week of so I had muscle fatigue, chronic gastric issues, diarrhea, ate nothing and drank gallons of water. That was followed by a week or so struggling to breath, dizziness & loss of co-ordination. Slowly over the last week things have got back to normal but with the occasional day where the breathing issues return. it's now just shy of 4 weeks and nearly sorted. One major continued showstopper is smoke, perfume or deodorant, which flattens me immediately! I've also lost nearly 2 stone in the last month.

I think I've got away relatively lightly. Be warned about the "symptoms", as in my case, I had "none" of the tell tale symptoms.
    That sounds like no fun at all, glad you're on the mend

Good to read Des although that sounds like you didn't "get away relatively lightly".

Update: now 45 days on from the C day. Of the 12 people in the (large) room, all wearing masks, socially distanced & disinfected, 9 people plus their families caught the virus.

My continued lasting effects are hyper-sensitivity to smoke, deodorant & perfume. Deodorant in particular instantly removes all of my breath, can be very scary. I also cannot drink any citrus juices or iced drinks as they start coughing fits.

Other than that, it seems to have gone!

Update: now 45 days on from the C day. Of the 12 people in the (large) room, all wearing masks, socially distanced & disinfected, 9 people plus their families caught the virus.

My continued lasting effects are hyper-sensitivity to smoke, deodorant & perfume. Deodorant in particular instantly removes all of my breath, can be very scary. I also cannot drink any citrus juices or iced drinks as they start coughing fits.

This virus is so infectious as you have found out. Then you see those idiots dancing around in the street in Nottingham last night prior to entering tire 3 status. And today we had University students in Manchester saying they didn't know what Tier 3 is and it was difficult to find out. These were those who spend their lives on their phones and computers and it was difficult to find out FFS. With idiots like that there is no hope.

Anyway I'm glad you have got away with the virus relatively lightly. I have a son working on the front line who tells me those in the advance stages of the virus are very ill where deaths are escalating exponentially.

Remarkable, looks like a superspreader event where 1 person has infected many others within a confined space who have then gone on to infect others in their homes.

I know you caught it at work but evidence like this reminds me why I think opening indoor spaces where people sit together for social/recreational purposes for long periods of time like pubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, clubs etc would be a bad idea post-firebreak.

Get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Remarkable, looks like a superspreader event where 1 person has infected many others within a confined space who have then gone on to infect others in their homes.

I know you caught it at work but evidence like this reminds me why I think opening indoor spaces where people sit together for social/recreational purposes for long periods of time like pubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, clubs etc would be a bad idea post-firebreak.

Get well soon!
    They are talking of re-opening pubs on November 11 in Wales. I expect my parents still won't be allowed to see their grandkids on the same day.

Good to see that you are doing better. Hope you make a full recovery