+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best Cardiff City result (and performance?) of the season as second placed Ipswich are beaten.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best Cardiff City result (and performance?) of the season as second placed Ipswich are beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Some interesting replies in this thread, I’ll just add that Callum O’Dowda is a City player who you can usually rely on to make the right on field decisions and it’s worth remembering that before his early season injury he’d already made a couple of goals with his ability to win balls on the far post that was seen to such good effect yesterday.

Soul 68, clogging Rio Ferdinand is probably the thing Gavin Gordon is remembered for most now isn’t it or was scoring five against Rushden and Diamonds his career high?
    I'd go for clogging Ferdinand as his career high, with the fie scored against a very poor Rushden & Diamonds coming in at a poor second lol. Where did he go after leaving us?

Re: Best Cardiff City result (and performance?) of the season as second placed Ipswich are beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd go for clogging Ferdinand as his career high, with the fie scored against a very poor Rushden & Diamonds coming in at a poor second lol. Where did he go after leaving us?
    Seems there was a more famous Gavin Gordon (I’d. ever heard of him mind).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Gordon_(actor)

As for ours, he’s a postman now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Gordon_(footballer)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems there was a more famous Gavin Gordon (I’d. ever heard of him mind).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Gordon_(actor)

As for ours, he’s a postman now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Gordon_(footballer)
    Cheers Bob, so in 56 appearances he scored 13 goals. it was all downhill after he left us for Notts County. No wonder he had slipped from my mind.

Good report Bob. The goal we conceded was about the pace on the ball from moore. The disappointing thing for me was that he was allowed to compose himself and get the shot off. Great finish, but moore doesn't have the quickest of feet, he set himself like a tree falling and we didn't make it difficult enough for him. O Dowda's return header for the equaliser was awful, it should have been looped as there was no player in a good position, although the terrible defending really helped, and what it tells us is that if we get quality balls into the box we have a chance, so well done Colwill, the one before it in the 'Corridor of uncertainty' (Love that, a David brent line if ever i've heard one ) was a wand of a cross. All in all a much better performance. Energy, not so much thinking etc. Phillips is making a difference, a better footballer than Mc guiness, a quicker mind, more quality in his distribution, more purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good report Bob. The goal we conceded was about the pace on the ball from moore. The disappointing thing for me was that he was allowed to compose himself and get the shot off. Great finish, but moore doesn't have the quickest of feet, he set himself like a tree falling and we didn't make it difficult enough for him. O Dowda's return header for the equaliser was awful, it should have been looped as there was no player in a good position, although the terrible defending really helped, and what it tells us is that if we get quality balls into the box we have a chance, so well done Colwill, the one before it in the 'Corridor of uncertainty' (Love that, a David brent line if ever i've heard one ) was a wand of a cross. All in all a much better performance. Energy, not so much thinking etc. Phillips is making a difference, a better footballer than Mc guiness, a quicker mind, more quality in his distribution, more purpose.
    David Brent pah! Sir Geoffrey Boycott if you please.