Thread: Time to drop Ralls and Pack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time to drop Ralls and Pack

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Harry Wilson can take the set pieces

These two together are just too slow.

Vaulks and Bacuna would be my preference
    Will it make a difference? Let's face it, all of our midfield (apart from wilson) are slow and ponderous in thought and in possession. When do we ever see one of them skip past an opposition player or do something positive with a second ball or make a pass and bust a gut to get into a position where they can receive the ball in an attacking area or take a pass in their stride? It just doesn't happen. It's so slow, even the first touch lacks urgency, which tells me that the central three, whoever they are, aren't programmed to get the game moving. They're all bang average.

Re: Time to drop Ralls and Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Will it make a difference? Let's face it, all of our midfield (apart from wilson) are slow and ponderous in thought and in possession. When do we ever see one of them skip past an opposition player or do something positive with a second ball or make a pass and bust a gut to get into a position where they can receive the ball in an attacking area or take a pass in their stride? It just doesn't happen. It's so slow, even the first touch lacks urgency, which tells me that the central three, whoever they are, aren't programmed to get the game moving. They're all bang average.
    Ralls has that bit of urgency in him to be fair. He's not a world beater, but he does look to drive forward and is more positive than the others. I've warmed to Pack as well, he's been one of our better players this season. I don't think those two are necessarily the problem, rather the complete lack of a gameplan on how we actually get the ball forward