+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: European Super League imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've been surprised at the level of reaction and I imagine the clubs didn't expect such a reaction either. You've had governments condemning the plans for goodness sake

You don't want them to be punished for trying to rip up domestic football, are you that naïve to think they won't try again? Oh that's alright lads, try and rip up domestic football, show a complete lack of regard for fans, clubs and competition none of that matters now you've written an apology
    No. Of course they shouldn’t be punished. The fans of the clubs were against it, as were the players. It’s not their fault they have power hungry greedy ****ers running their clubs.
    I’d have been all for throwing the book at them if they’d gone ahead, but they’ve not.
    Pressures on the other 4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No. Of course they shouldn’t be punished. The fans of the clubs were against it, as were the players. It’s not their fault they have power hungry greedy ****ers running their clubs.
    I’d have been all for throwing the book at them if they’d gone ahead, but they’ve not.

They can be punished, fine the owners, punish them, not the players or, indirectly, the fans. Put the money in a ‘help the lower league clubs’ pot to be distributed in genuine hardship cases.

Fans and players aren't responsible for clubs going into admin yet get punished. There are fans of these teams calling for their own clubs to be punished.

Did the Wigan fans deserve relegation for the owner's stitch up?