+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    everyone raves about Matt Maynard but why? the whole setup is failing to deliver.
    Our t20 record under him is very poor but our Championship record is decent. I don’t think he takes t20 seriously but he should because that’s where the money is and it’s brings in punters through the turnstiles.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Our t20 record under him is very poor but our Championship record is decent. I don’t think he takes t20 seriously but he should because that’s where the money is and it’s brings in punters through the turnstiles.
    I see Maynard is involved with the coaching for the Welsh Fire - I agree that he's been a better long game coach for Glamorgan than short game one, but this suggests that he is pretty highly regarded when it comes to the latter.

Duncan Fletcher rated Maynard, he still seems to be pretty well thought of at Somerset and his longevity as a coach suggests that applies throughout the game.

The wheels rather came off for Glamorgan in T20 once Labuschagne became unavailable and as he and Neser's period of self isolation doesn't end until Monday, they both miss out at Sussex - Joe Cooke, Hogan and Van Der Guigten (his resting for the last couple of T20 matches suggests we took the opportunity to give a few youngsters a game) return, while Ingram is in a squad of thirteen along with Sam Pearce.