+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retained List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    while Warnock was there nobody had a hope in hell of making a breakthrough.
    these players are stalling because they aren't getting game time at the age of 18,19,20 rather than not getting game time because they aren't progressing well enough.
    Semi Ajayi wasn’t good enough though

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    At the time he wasn't first choice, especially after Warnock brought in Bamba, but he was definitely promising and still very young for a centre back. I doubt the wages were too high given that he went to Rotherham after us.
    He had plenty to learn still, but you can't learn without playing.

Don't get me wrong, Bamba was excellent for us, but now we have a 35 year old with a couple of years to run on his contract and dodgy at best injury track record, whereas Ajayi will be playing premier league football next year and has his peak years still ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    At the time he wasn't first choice, especially after Warnock brought in Bamba, but he was definitely promising and still very young for a centre back. I doubt the wages were too high given that he went to Rotherham after us.
    He had plenty to learn still, but you can't learn without playing.

Don't get me wrong, Bamba was excellent for us, but now we have a 35 year old with a couple of years to run on his contract and dodgy at best injury track record, whereas Ajayi will be playing premier league football next year and has his peak years still ahead of him.
    Ajayi is one of the very few I felt we should've persisted with BUT we had too many in front of him to justify keeping him on. I'd rather have had him than Bamba, Warnock left us with an aging backline.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would you have played him over Morrison/Bamba/Manga in 17/18? Of course not. Well done to him but things like these happen.