+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Diseases from history books making a return.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Diseases from history books making a return.

...hang on

Bigger one on the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ...hang on

Bigger one on the way!
    It's already happened, it's called Twitter. One persons opinion is taken as fact by some, with little evidence and not taking into account said persons extreme beliefs, that doesn't seem to come into play when the 'facts' agree with a persons distorted views. One thing i'm certain about, i don't really know anything. I read, try to keep up to date and i try to have an open mind. It seems to me that so many people struggle with that, And if one person on Twitter regurgitates some tripe that reinforces the prejudices, frustrations, despair, anger, hatred etc who (it seems to me) is all of those things anyway, then iwhatever the're saying must be true. It's a sad state of affairs when blowhards on all sides of the political spectrum are taken so seriously. Emotive, Hateful, desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's already happened, it's called Twitter. One persons opinion is taken as fact by some, with little evidence and not taking into account said persons extreme beliefs, that doesn't seem to come into play when the 'facts' agree with a persons distorted views. One thing i'm certain about, i don't really know anything. I read, try to keep up to date and i try to have an open mind. It seems to me that so many people struggle with that, And if one person on Twitter regurgitates some tripe that reinforces the prejudices, frustrations, despair, anger, hatred etc who (it seems to me) is all of those things anyway, then iwhatever the're saying must be true. It's a sad state of affairs when blowhards on all sides of the political spectrum are taken so seriously. Emotive, Hateful, desperate.
    Lots and lots of hate was aimed at people who questioned the narrative during Covid , even on here people were calling out posters who were of a different opinion to undertake unpaid labour.

In any other time that kind of thing could be classed as a criminal act and as far as I know nothing was done on here either. Sad times indeed.

The climate change debate is not as bad yet but is yet another example of pointless rhetoric and arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Lots and lots of hate was aimed at people who questioned the narrative during Covid , even on here people were calling out posters who were of a different opinion to undertake unpaid labour.

In any other time that kind of thing could be classed as a criminal act and as far as I know nothing was done on here either. Sad times indeed.

The climate change debate is not as bad yet but is yet another example of pointless rhetoric and arguments.
    And that was wrong. I may have thought that having the vaccine was the right thing for me, but i would never put pressure on someone to do something that they don't want to do. What people do with trheir own body is their business, and people have no right to dictate, on both sides.

The situation with Covid was unique, it's been done to death, but there was obviously going to be panic, hysteria, some of it for the right reasons, some of it not. The media didn't help in my opinion, but that's been the case for years, ever since news became sensationalist and about 'Hits'. The Media put the fear of god into some people, especially the most vulnerable in society. It's the same with Ukraine and whatever else is flavour of the month in the media, full on assault, and when they've exhausted the narrative, it's on to something else.

That's why (in my opinion) it's our responsibility to stay calm, listen to all arguments, all concerns, even if we don't agree. There's way to much reaction out there, whether on the net or on TV. It doesn't do to get to wrapped up in it all, it'll just **** us up and that'll never do. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle

You're following the wrong people by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You're following the wrong people by the looks of things.
    I don't follow anyone. I do my best to find things out from people who aren't screaming from rooftops because they have a personal agenda. Then i come to my own conclusions, right or wrong, i'm willing to be educated. Some of the stuff i have seen posted on Here (From Twitter) disgusts me, it's vile. Purporting Hatred and reaction, The fuel for those people who already seem disconnected for whatever reason. It's the Internet version of Graffiti daubed in a Public toilet cubicle.

If People want their information in few words, inflammatory, Hateful, designed to provoke rather than reveal, then that's a concern. And for good measure, i'm talking about both sides of the shit fest. When people become desperate and they have no answers then some gravitate towards the 'Bully' they wouldn't do so ordinarily, but their desperation leaves them without an option. Same with politics, people get desperate because they're not listened to, cue populism.

Twitter must have it's uses, but from what i have seen it's infested with Bullies, loud mouths, shit stirrers, who could'nt care a jot about 'The Truth' and the consequences of their words, but only about themselves.

I don't follow anyone. I do my best to find things out from people who aren't screaming from rooftops because they have a personal agenda. Then i come to my own conclusions, right or wrong, i'm willing to be educated. Some of the stuff i have seen posted on Here (From Twitter) disgusts me, it's vile. Purporting Hatred and reaction, The fuel for those people who already seem disconnected for whatever reason. It's the Internet version of Graffiti daubed in a Public toilet cubicle.

If People want their information in few words, inflammatory, Hateful, designed to provoke rather than reveal, then that's a concern. And for good measure, i'm talking about both sides of the shit fest. When people become desperate and they have no answers then some gravitate towards the 'Bully' they wouldn't do so ordinarily, but their desperation leaves them without an option. Same with politics, people get desperate because they're not listened to, cue populism.

Twitter must have it's uses, but from what i have seen it's infested with Bullies, loud mouths, shit stirrers, who could'nt care a jot about 'The Truth' and the consequences of their words, but only about themselves.
    Plenty of credentialed people from all sides post there, plus you have Spaces, where opposing voices thrash out the issues of the day. It's much better than the legacy media echo chamber, as you can actually call people out and ask them to back up what they are saying with hard data, and then you can challenge that data. It's not always pretty, but searching for the truth is not an easy task. I'm like you, data is data, and I never make any rash judgements. Sometimes it can take years to work out what is going on, but once you see it you can't unsee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Plenty of credentialed people from all sides post there, plus you have Spaces, where opposing voices thrash out the issues of the day. It's much better than the legacy media echo chamber, as you can actually call people out and ask them to back up what they are saying with hard data, and then you can challenge that data. It's not always pretty, but searching for the truth is not an easy task. I'm like you, data is data, and I never make any rash judgements. Sometimes it can take years to work out what is going on, but once you see it you can't unsee it.
    So says the man who never answers a straight question on here

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So says the man who never answers a straight question on here
    I don't have to, but I do know what's coming next long before you do

The same happens when it’s about a different topics or who you vote for etc and that has nothing to do with Twitter it happens on here.

The amount of vitriol aimed towards our current owner is staggering hateful ( even down to what he wears ), yet it’s not called out.

Same thing when it comes to supporting a different football team, and the same thing goes if you vote for any politician who isn’t Labour or if you don’t support what’s being reported in Ukraine or side with the Palestinian people.

The list goes on, so I tend to treat those posters accordingly, besides I sincerely doubt they would be as vocal if it was face to face.

What a great line and description.

Edit: I'm gonna steal that or.....creatively swipe it as we say in the biz!

What a great line and description.

Edit: I'm gonna steal that or.....creatively swipe it as we say in the biz!
    It sounds like Tuerto spends a lot of time in public toilet cubicles, I think we need to know more

Cracking post.

...hang on

Bigger one on the way!
    Ooh err, missus!