Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Seriously, it's because Boris is a 'Character' in some cases, a bit of a boy, almost an idiot. And i think that he plays up to it, it's his default position, and plenty of plebs find it funny and almost endearing that he acts like a bumbling shop owner. There are plenty of reasons why he is popular, especially with those who he will damage the most, it's almost a protest for some, a mini Trump to a certain degree.

When poor areas are neglected, their culture attacked, their means of a living stripped away, then people like Boris thrive. He can get away with most things, because in a kind of perverse way, he's sticking his fingers up to politics by acting in the way that he does. It shows how bad things have got when an idiot like Boris is deemed some kind of cult figure for the disengaged.
Honestly, I hope it’s like The Emperor’s New Clothes with Johnson and there’ll come a moment when everyone will see him for what he is, but I’m not holding my breath - I don’t think all Tory voters are thick, but then they fall for the Bullingdon boy’s “man of the people” Schtick - why?