+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 0 CROATIA.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 0 CROATIA.

I don’t know why everyone’s purring over that performance, they didn’t created much against a poor ageing Croatia team. Southgate is the problem, he picks odd teams. France, Portugal, Belgium, Italy and Germany beat them easily IMO.

How did Kalvin Phillips avoid getting a yellow card for continually fouling? Had to be about half-a-dozen occasions the ref blew for one of his fouls. He passes well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don’t know why everyone’s purring over that performance, they didn’t created much against a poor ageing Croatia team.
    A poor Croatia team who reached a World Cup final three years ago and who topped their Euro 2020 qualifying group. England weren't brilliant but they won comfortably. From their perspective, it's a highly satisfactory start

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A poor Croatia team who reached a World Cup final three years ago and who topped their Euro 2020 qualifying group. England weren't brilliant but they won comfortably. From their perspective, it's a highly satisfactory start
    The Croatia team Wales faced in qualifying looked like a side in decline to me and their other results in the group tended to confirm that - they're not a poor side by any means, but, to use a media cliché, they are a team in transition. England got the job done and looked very impressive for twenty minutes or so, but I can't help thinking that the better teams will be looking at that back four and keeper and think we can definitely get at them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Croatia team Wales faced in qualifying looked like a side in decline to me and their other results in the group tended to confirm that - they're not a poor side by any means, but, to use a media cliché, they are a team in transition. England got the job done and looked very impressive for twenty minutes or so, but I can't help thinking that the better teams will be looking at that back four and keeper and think we can definitely get at them.
    Agreed. I thought Croatia looked extremely average.