+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wizz Air cancels most of their Cardiff flights until April 23

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wizz Air cancels most of their Cardiff flights until April 23

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the airport would have failed long ago if the Welsh government hadn't stepped in.
    Bristol airport went from strength to strength and left Cardiff in its wake long before the government bought Cardiff airport.

there are definitely other things that I'd like to see at the airport, but it isn't going to happen overnight, and covid must have put any progress back years
    Why didn’t they just let it fail completely then and pick it up for a lot less? Until they sort out decent access and a proper airline it’s going to continue its decline. I believe Bristol have made access far easier off the motorway too no? Used to fly from cardiff quite a bit (Prague, Amsterdam, Majorca, Ibiza ) but I haven’t even looked there for years, every time I do it’s a disappointment.

Re: Wizz Air cancels most of their Cardiff flights until April 23

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why didn’t they just let it fail completely then and pick it up for a lot less? Until they sort out decent access and a proper airline it’s going to continue its decline. I believe Bristol have made access far easier off the motorway too no? Used to fly from cardiff quite a bit (Prague, Amsterdam, Majorca, Ibiza ) but I haven’t even looked there for years, every time I do it’s a disappointment.
    id say access to Bristol isn't much different tbh.
    it was showing signs of improvement before covid hit, no reason it can't again