+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eluned Morgan , Next Labour Leader In Wales , I hope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Eluned Morgan , Next Labour Leader In Wales , I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    The economic success of London and the South East
    Feedie, humour a simpleton like me.

Are the current UK government estimated to be in over 2 trillion quids worth of debt, Covid-19 has probably upped that number?

Did they balance the books through their austerity measures?

Did GDP fall during austerity?

Hasn’t Brexit further fuucked the economy?

If we are in 2 trillion quid over our heads where all this money from Laaaandaaan Town going? It’s not ending up in Perthcelyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Are the current UK government estimated to be in over 2 trillion quids worth of debt, Covid-19 has probably upped that number?

If we are in 2 trillion quid over our heads where all this money from Laaaandaaan Town going? It’s not ending up in Perthcelyn.

I may be wrong but I understood the government funded its Covid spending (and much else besides) by printing more money. The effect of that is not to add to the debt but to fuel inflation. Inflation that will hit the poor harder than the rich.

That hasn't stopped most of the main client journalists (Peston, Kuenssberg, Rigby etc) repeating the line that Sunak has been borrowing like it's going out of fashion - people before pennies! - and in promoting that lie they are happily preparing the ground for the next round of austerity (to reduce the debt!).

Sunak will turn into Osbourne II in about a year whether he is Prime Minister by then or still Chancellor.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I may be wrong but I understood the government funded its Covid spending (and much else besides) by printing more money. The effect of that is not to add to the debt but to fuel inflation. Inflation that will hit the poor harder than the rich.

That hasn't stopped most of the main client journalists (Peston, Kuenssberg, Rigby etc) repeating the line that Sunak has been borrowing like it's going out of fashion - people before pennies! - and in promoting that lie they are happily preparing the ground for the next round of austerity (to reduce the debt!).

Sunak will turn into Osbourne II in about a year whether he is Prime Minister by then or still Chancellor.
    Cheers Jon, it’s always reassuring to know that the government’s SPAD for dealing with monetary arrangements during Covid-19 was Wrexham’s Mickey Thomas

Agree with you 100% austerity on steroids is on the way.

Feedback

I'm taking the 5th

probably nearer £2.2trn.

prior to Covid19 this government were getting towards balancing the books, which wasn't a bad effort overall. However there were social costs involved in doing this[/quote]

GDP hit £3.1trn prior to Brexit, then it has fallen and is forecast to be around £2.6trn this year.

yes, quite considerably. Who knew!

Wales currently benefits from around £15bn in fiscal transfers each year. That is £5k for every man woman and child. We are not going to make those numbers up by selling water to the English or by developing green energy for sale. Wales' topography does not lend itself to a modern day economy, and as such we need to be careful about what we truly want from independence, if that is the goal. Because economically, we'd be a lot worse off than we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I'm taking the 5th

probably nearer £2.2trn.

prior to Covid19 this government were getting towards balancing the books, which wasn't a bad effort overall. However there were social costs involved in doing this

GDP hit £3.1trn prior to Brexit, then it has fallen and is forecast to be around £2.6trn this year.

yes, quite considerably. Who knew!

Wales currently benefits from around £15bn in fiscal transfers each year. That is £5k for every man woman and child. We are not going to make those numbers up by selling water to the English or by developing green energy for sale. Wales' topography does not lend itself to a modern day economy, and as such we need to be careful about what we truly want from independence, if that is the goal. Because economically, we'd be a lot worse off than we are now.[/QUOTE]

Think the Scottish per head is the same or perhaps more , why would you look a gift horse in the mouth and become independent , when you can take all this dosh in and just moan for more when it goes wrong or say its not my fault its Westminsters