+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea City new shirt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swansea City new shirt

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Type of thing that if we did it we’d be lapping it up. Take it on the chin, right the wrong this season
    Would we? I'd be a bit embarrassed myself, why on earth would we mention two results from last season at our kit launch, comes across a bit living rent free. And I say that as someone's who's not as bothered about Swansea as most

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Would we? I'd be a bit embarrassed myself, why on earth would we mention two results from last season at our kit launch, comes across a bit living rent free. And I say that as someone's who's not as bothered about Swansea as most
    Comes across really tinpot, I'd be embarassed if we did the same

I think one of the main differences between the clubs is that a sizeable chunk of Swansea's support seems to define themselves as "against Cardiff", whereas we don't really go in for that. Swansea City themselves lean into it a bit as well. The most extreme example of the anti-Cardiff stuff is the weird loyalist crap.

It's a shame when we lose to them but it isn't the end of the world, I was more annoyed at the manner of the defeats that the team we actually lost to.

We could have 3111310 on ours in retaliation. Date and score of the first ever top flight derby. We could do the doube over them in any forthcoming season. The first top flight win can never be repeated.......all a bit childish though

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Comes across really tinpot, I'd be embarassed if we did the same

I think one of the main differences between the clubs is that a sizeable chunk of Swansea's support seems to define themselves as "against Cardiff", whereas we don't really go in for that. Swansea City themselves lean into it a bit as well. The most extreme example of the anti-Cardiff stuff is the weird loyalist crap.

It's a shame when we lose to them but it isn't the end of the world, I was more annoyed at the manner of the defeats that the team we actually lost to.
    I honestly don't think there is any major difference in how Swansea City fans see Cardiff City and vice versa.

The fact that there is a three page thread on Swansea's new kit on CCMB does rather undermine the argument that it is they that are obsessed with us..