+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'The Hundred' That's where it's at

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 'The Hundred' That's where it's at

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Is it? Are you supporting Welsh Fire and if so why because there wasn’t a single Welsh player in the team tonight?
    There was an auction a while back where different teams put in a bid for players.
    I don’t have a team to support in this so have no interest.
    That’s a daft argument. We barely have any local players in the City team and Wales have played with half born somewhere else. That would apply to Glamorgan too, it’s where they are based that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That’s a daft argument. We barely have any local players in the City team and Wales have played with half born somewhere else. That would apply to Glamorgan too, it’s where they are based that count.
    Why’s it daft? Cardiff City have evolved over many decades born and grown out of the city. Welsh Fire could have been called anything. The word Welsh was added because a franchise was plonked in Cardiff. That’s it. If you can invest in that fine but it’s not for me.

Why’s it daft? Cardiff City have evolved over many decades born and grown out of the city. Welsh Fire could have been called anything. The word Welsh was added because a franchise was plonked in Cardiff. That’s it. If you can invest in that fine but it’s not for me.
    Its a brand new thing and has to start somewhere. The cricket is exciting, it is well produced and generating a decent atmosphere.

Give me this over county cricket any day.

Its everything that regional rugby should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Its a brand new thing and has to start somewhere. The cricket is exciting, it is well produced and generating a decent atmosphere.

Give me this over county cricket any day.

Its everything that regional rugby should be.
    If marketed properly T20 could be this with a local team in Glamorgan to support. You could have world class players playing for Glammy mixed in with current playing staff. It would simply need the removal of the restrictions regarding overseas players.
    Not difficult to organise. Maybe allow five top players to be signed to mix in.with current players. I don’t see why we needed a 16.4 over competition as well.

If marketed properly T20 could be this with a local team in Glamorgan to support. You could have world class players playing for Glammy mixed in with current playing staff. It would simply need the removal of the restrictions regarding overseas players.
    Not difficult to organise. Maybe allow five top players to be signed to mix in.with current players. I don’t see why we needed a 16.4 over competition as well.
    Its over my head but maybe this is the future of cricket as it looks to be the perfect balance.

T20 seems a bit short and 50 over games a bit long.

Anything longer Zzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Its over my head but maybe this is the future of cricket as it looks to be the perfect balance.

T20 seems a bit short and 50 over games a bit long.

Anything longer Zzzzzzzzz
    Agree. The major difference is it’s exciting, my kids play cricket but find most forms take too long to watch. All of my kids and wife love watching it. So it’s a winner in the money stakes and will be here to stay.

Shame Fire will lose its captain to the ashes but I’ve watched a few games and whilst I wanted Fire to win just because of the Cardiff connection I can’t say I’m a supporter of them yet. I can get to the Oval or Rose Bowl easier and that’s tempting as easier to go see and my connection to City doesn’t exist with these teams - so other connections like where I now live etc come in with a new set up.

I’ve bought tickets for the whole family to go see inv vs fire at the oval. So I’m biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It isn’t daft at all but it’s just the norm. We support players that have no affinity to Cardiff. It’s quite weird but it works in all sports.

Imagine if we supported someone in the Olympics, competing for the UK but actually someone from the continent we paid a transfer fee for.

It’s easier if you don’t think about it and enjoy it for what it is.