Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
The same can be said about any of our defence, defensive midfield too for that matter.
We have conceded some really poor goals this season, something that wasn't there, or if it was it wasn't obvious, last season.
Too many people unwilling, or not knowing how, to get a block in or stop a cross.

That could be down to the fact that Bacuna is a right sided midfielder and not a natural right sided defender which has disrupted the defence in general, but I doubt it as he has put in some good performances this season.

Unfortunately, the depth of quality there and in other key positions that most saw as a potential problem early on, is playing out.

I have to agree with the OP (lthough not having seen the interview myself so taking it as written) to blame a player, who has now left us, in a game that happened before the latest loss is a cheap shot, but an understandable one from a man who seems to be staring down the barrel, again.
I picked up on bacuna because it look so obvious. Anyone that has played the game at any level knows that when a fullback stands off a wide man and allows the cross, it usually means that he doesn't fancy the 1 on 1, doesn't want to put himself in a position where he gets done, Bacuna does it quite often, with the thinking that he'll just push the problem a little further down the production line (centre backs defending the cross) sadly, quality control (Morrison and Nelson) aren't picking up on things at the moment. Bacuna's biggest problem at right back is that he has no turn of pace, he is done easily on the outside and that isn't compensated by a central defender pulling over to help him, he can't tackle either.

We are poor all over the pitch, when the quality runs dry (which is often the case at our club) then workrate, honesty and character are the traits that we've relied onto get us through, although those attributes seem to be abandoning us at the moment as well, which is very worrying in my opinion, because we are massively reliant on those aspects of the game.