+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morison OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You never heard me call Warnock arrogant? I was probably his loudest critic on here. I couldn't stand the egotistical, selfish twat.

I didnt think McCarthy was arrogant, a little blunt and straight talking but always respectful and not arrogant in the way Steve Morison is. When Mick went on that fantastic run at the beginning of his time here he was keen to share the praise with the staff and the players. When things were not going so well he took full responsibility. Morison after 3 games wanted to tell everyone how great he was, then the moment things are not going so well he throws everyone under the bus, starts having a pop at the media. Its one thing having self belief but you got to back it up. Walk the walk not jut talk the talk. You cant come across as arrogant as he is when you haven't won a league for 2 months!!!
    I think it's easy to understand the difference. Morison is just starting his career, and is already fighting for it. he's got a massive task and even if he does ok there's no guarantee that he'll get the job beyond the summer.

Warnock and McCarthy are at or near pensionable age and have long careers behind them. they know that can make an absolute balls up of this job and chances are they'll get another one within a few months. and if not, **** it just retire or do some media work.

Morison is working with the worst Cardiff squad in many years. if you said after McCarthy left that if you took Giles and effectively Moore out if the team and at the same time tried to improve the side and bring through youth players then it would be a monumental task for even the most experienced of manager.

I don't know if it'll work with Morison, but I really hope it does. not because I have any great affinity for the guy, bit he's the only manager we've had in a long time that has actually tried to bring our football out of the dark ages, and it would be a lot better for us in the long run if he's successful. if he's not then God knows what direction we will be going in next.
    even some in here have been calling for the return of Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's easy to understand the difference. Morison is just starting his career, and is already fighting for it. he's got a massive task and even if he does ok there's no guarantee that he'll get the job beyond the summer.

Warnock and McCarthy are at or near pensionable age and have long careers behind them. they know that can make an absolute balls up of this job and chances are they'll get another one within a few months. and if not, **** it just retire or do some media work.

Morison is working with the worst Cardiff squad in many years. if you said after McCarthy left that if you took Giles and effectively Moore out if the team and at the same time tried to improve the side and bring through youth players then it would be a monumental task for even the most experienced of manager.

I don't know if it'll work with Morison, but I really hope it does. not because I have any great affinity for the guy, bit he's the only manager we've had in a long time that has actually tried to bring our football out of the dark ages, and it would be a lot better for us in the long run if he's successful. if he's not then God knows what direction we will be going in next.
    even some in here have been calling for the return of Warnock.
    Just because hes new to the management game it doesn't excuse the arrogance and the prickly attitude. What sort of manager new into management tries to take on the media? or throws his own players under the bus so publicly?. You dont have to be an experienced manager to know that is idiotic. We are not talking about now hes under pressure hes done this from practically the first game!!!

I know for a fact he is not well liked in the club and thats before he got the first team gig where he has managed to lose the dressing room in what? 3 months? I know of things that have gone on on the training ground which im not going to put on here as im not going to throw someone under the bus but some of the things ive heard are crazy and sooner hes out of the club the better as far as I am concerned.

The fact he has "tried" to play a more modern game just doesnt cut it for me. Anyone could play a more modern way than Mick. Even Warnockball wasnt as bad as Mickball. Even with this modern approach some people are getting so excited about we are still not creating much, still relying on set pieces as our main threat, still picking the same old tired pro's who have let us down in the past. Its still shit, its just less hoofball shit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just because hes new to the management game it doesn't excuse the arrogance and the prickly attitude. What sort of manager new into management tries to take on the media? or throws his own players under the bus so publicly?. You dont have to be an experienced manager to know that is idiotic. We are not talking about now hes under pressure hes done this from practically the first game!!!

I know for a fact he is not well liked in the club and thats before he got the first team gig where he has managed to lose the dressing room in what? 3 months? I know of things that have gone on on the training ground which im not going to put on here as im not going to throw someone under the bus but some of the things ive heard are crazy and sooner hes out of the club the better as far as I am concerned.

The fact he has "tried" to play a more modern game just doesnt cut it for me. Anyone could play a more modern way than Mick. Even Warnockball wasnt as bad as Mickball. Even with this modern approach some people are getting so excited about we are still not creating much, still relying on set pieces as our main threat, still picking the same old tired pro's who have let us down in the past. Its still shit, its just less hoofball shit.
    has he lost the dressing room? that's the first I've heard of it if he has.
    there isn't usually any way back from it of that's the case.