+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Embarrassment at Coventry a consequence of years of mismanagement at Cardiff City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Embarrassment at Coventry a consequence of years of mismanagement at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Incredibly though we could, and should, have won 1-0!

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    On the money.

I mentioned I feel Moore is off and it could be a number of reasons. I don't see 20 goals from him this season and I do see the difference in him mentally, I just can't put my finger on it but it's not right. A while ago I suggested we needed a new captain and I feel this was the season to do it. It would have made sense to me to offer it to Moore after his contribution last season and it would have had added a huge psychological fillip to his game and attitude towards Cardiff City. The boss (whoever it was) could have made a fresh start.

I don't think Mick is stupid or incompetent. I don't like the play but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to handle players. I can't imagine the captaincy hasn't crossed his mind. Most other contenders would need expensive and ridiculous contract extensions or are too young. The board, in my view, may have blocked this move because they want to sell him. Maybe he wants to go? Maybe he doesn't? But, and this is a big but, if the board is influencing this and Mick's hands are tied then it's worse than I thought.

Of course, I don't know any of this. But when things don't make sense to me then I go for Occam's Razor and this is where it leads for me (of course I'm paraphrasing).

The sad thing is, Moore could have a fab career with us. Why sad? Because I'm one or possibly the only one who thinks the EPL week in week out will be a bridge too far for him and he'll struggle.

All complete speculation of course.

Re: Embarrassment at Coventry a consequence of years of mismanagement at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    On the money.

I mentioned I feel Moore is off and it could be a number of reasons. I don't see 20 goals from him this season and I do see the difference in him mentally, I just can't put my finger on it but it's not right. A while ago I suggested we needed a new captain and I feel this was the season to do it. It would have made sense to me to offer it to Moore after his contribution last season and it would have had added a huge psychological fillip to his game and attitude towards Cardiff City. The boss (whoever it was) could have made a fresh start.

I don't think Mick is stupid or incompetent. I don't like the play but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to handle players. I can't imagine the captaincy hasn't crossed his mind. Most other contenders would need expensive and ridiculous contract extensions or are too young. The board, in my view, may have blocked this move because they want to sell him. Maybe he wants to go? Maybe he doesn't? But, and this is a big but, if the board is influencing this and Mick's hands are tied then it's worse than I thought.

Of course, I don't know any of this. But when things don't make sense to me then I go for Occam's Razor and this is where it leads for me (of course I'm paraphrasing).

The sad thing is, Moore could have a fab career with us. Why sad? Because I'm one or possibly the only one who thinks the EPL week in week out will be a bridge too far for him and he'll struggle.

All complete speculation of course.
    I've heard it said that missing a pre season puts back a player for weeks if not months -Moore, Morrison, Bacuna and Colwill had no sort of pre season this year and now Moore has had another isolation period, put that with the Wolves bid and there's plenty of reasons why it's to be expected that he's not hitting last seasons heights yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've heard it said that missing a pre season puts back a player for weeks if not months -Moore, Morrison, Bacuna and Colwill had no sort of pre season this year and now Moore has had another isolation period, put that with the Wolves bid and there's plenty of reasons why it's to be expected that he's not hitting last seasons heights yet.
    All valid and fair points and I’m noting and liking the optimistic ‘yet’! 😏
    Just on the subject of COVID, am I fair in saying that I can’t be the only one who didn’t factor in the players not getting jabbed? I’m also concerned about the effects of long COVID on performance. It could ruin a player’s career.