+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It is a few in the grand scheme of things though.

It isn't condoned by me but I'm not surprised that black people in America have reached breaking point.

The whole "both sides" and balance thing is bollocks.

I don't see how wanting equal rights for black people depends on what side of the political divide you fall on.
    Of course it is. Especially in America under Trump.

You only have to look at this country everything is now generalised to wether or not you voted for Brexit. Sweeping generalisations.

Even on a smaller scale this thread. The usual suspects ganging up on Wales Bales getting personal because they dont agree with his politics.

Anyway, enough for one day, some of us have work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The usual suspects ganging up on Wales Bales getting personal because they dont agree with his politics.

No

You only have to look at this country everything is now generalised to wether or not you voted for Brexit. Sweeping generalisations.

Even on a smaller scale this thread. The usual suspects ganging up on Wales Bales getting personal because they dont agree with his politics.

It shouldn't be a left or right issue though. Unless you think all people on the right thin black people shouldn't have rights.

People are ganging up on wales-bales because he's an arse hole.

International

It shouldn't be a left or right issue though. Unless you think all people on the right thin black people shouldn't have rights.

He speaks very highly of you.

Im not saying it should be but I certainly think there has never been a bigger divide than there is now under Trump and Tory Britain.

And why do you think hes an arsehole? Because you disagree with everything he stands for politically?

Im not saying it should be but I certainly think there has never been a bigger divide than there is now under Trump and Tory Britain.

And why do you think hes an arsehole? Because you disagree with everything he stands for politically?
    No it's because he's an arse hole.

I don't see why someone's political beliefs can't make them an arse hole though.

How is this relevant to wanting black people to have equal rights?

How is this relevant to wanting black people to have equal rights?
    Because the left like to generalise and insinuate that anyone who voted Trump, Tories or Brexit is a thick racist.

The right are just as bad and some will defend Trump and Johnson (or lately Cummings) no matter what.

Because the left like to generalise and insinuate that anyone who voted Trump, Tories or Brexit is a thick racist.
    So it isn't really a left or right issue then?

I don't think anyone is saying everyone who voted for them is a thick racist but every racist probably voted for them. Those 3 have definitely done plenty of things that have empowered racists.

For me I don't see anything as simply left or right, I just want society to be fair. If that pigeon holes me in the left, what does that say about the right?

So it isn't really a left or right issue then?

I don't think anyone is saying everyone who voted for them is a thick racist but every racist probably voted for them. Those 3 have definitely done plenty of things that have empowered racists.

For me I don't see anything as simply left or right, I just want society to be fair. If that pigeon holes me in the left, what does that say about the right?
    So you dont think anyone has said that everyone who voted for Brexit is a thick racist? No-one has ever implied that or said it? You may want to rethink that. Twitter is awash with it.

You may not personally see things as simply left or right, I dont myself, I can see positives and negatives on both sides, but it is my opinion that more and more people are becoming so entrenched in their side of the political argument, either going so far left, or so far right, that there is no rationale on either side.

I blame social media and platforms like this to a lesser degree. Twitter has got so hysterical ive had to mute I dont know how many people who are getting on my tits with their inane political ranting hour after hour tweeting the same thing (on both sides).

I saw one tweet this morning saying buildings can be rebuilt and products replaced as some way of justifying arson attacks.

Sludge wouldnt condemn the riots and looting on Saturday evening, but if that was a Pro-Brexit march that turned ugly he would be the first one calling them out.

The right are just as bad and some will defend Trump and Johnson (or lately Cummings) no matter what.
    The truth is measurable over time.

I don't have any politics, I just report what I see, but for some people it's all about the narrative, and they don't care for the truth.