+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IS TRECCO BAY BAY STILL OPEN ?

IS TRECCO BAY BAY STILL OPEN ?

Asking for friend..

Re: IS TRECCO BAY BAY STILL OPEN ?

Only for those living in Bridgend County.
    (Bridgend County sounds very American btw)

I believe it is, but only the caravans - no clubs. I think.

Still open but they haven't decided yet if the thousands of arrivals today have to naff off in the morning. I'm there/here and this is the answer I got to a text enquiry (you can't talk to a person in the know face to face anymore) this evening,

"Good Evening, We are waiting on an update and brief from our central team. Unfortunately we are unsure on the guidelines and restriction at the moment. Once we receive an update we will of course update all of our customers"

As you can imagine the "central team" are on top of this and there's still no indication/answer four hours later!
    Am I to be deported in the morning or not, watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Still open but they haven't decided yet if the thousands of arrivals today have to naff off in the morning. I'm there/here and this is the answer I got to a text enquiry (you can't talk to a person in the know face to face anymore) this evening,

"Good Evening, We are waiting on an update and brief from our central team. Unfortunately we are unsure on the guidelines and restriction at the moment. Once we receive an update we will of course update all of our customers"

As you can imagine the "central team" are on top of this and there's still no indication/answer four hours later!
    Am I to be deported in the morning or not, watch this space!
    Drakeford will sure do the five mile thing again anytime soon?

My sister in law has got a caravan booked for a week from Saturday.Confusing to say the least.

Update as promised, Trecco Bay is closing until further notice at 6pm TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Update as promised, Trecco Bay is closing until further notice at 6pm TODAY
    Cheers
    My sister in law has booked with a private owner.I hope she can get her money back.

Had some scary times down there, back in the day. Is it still as lawless as it used to be?

Was an awful place 30 years ago

Remember a “dodgy” friend of mine used to go there every year. Would pay about Ł100 for the caravan for a week and then spend Ł6-700(which was a huge amount of money at that time) on beer, takeaways and the arcades etc

Always managed to come back with a black eye and cuts and bruises

Think it’s a lot better these days, but probably still not a 5 star luxury site I would imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Had some scary times down there, back in the day. Is it still as lawless as it used to be?
    Can you imagine what that pub is like on site? The Lucky Duck was it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can you imagine what that pub is like on site? The Lucky Duck was it?
    Dirty Duck, looks like this now

duck.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Only for those living in Bridgend County.
    (Bridgend County sounds very American btw)
    Bridgend isn't in the VOG? I shall not rest until Barry County is created.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    My sister in law has got a caravan booked for a week from Saturday.Confusing to say the least.
    its Boris's fault Drakeford cant think independently

It’s a Haven site now. A lot better than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It's a haven for something, that's for sure!

Parkdean own Trecco bay caravan park

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Parkdean own Trecco bay caravan park
    It's a parkdean for something, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Dirty Duck, looks like this now

duck.jpg
    Looks beautiful, is it true they asked 4000 people to leave? 4000?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's a parkdean for something, that's for sure!
    We always found parkdean sites a poor imitation of Haven

stayed in a few havens around weymouth area ( infact weymouth has 3 haven sites ) then booked into Kiln park, it was rammed, its a big park

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Trecco Bay was an absolute Zoo going back 30 years. I went down there for a week when i was 18, with some mates. I got 'Friendly' with some much older nurses who were staying in the caravan next to us. Anyway, one evening i was with this nurse after we'd been out for a few drinks, back in her caravan. I was bollock naked and decided to take a quick piss, when all of a sudden these two naked people burst out of one of the bedrooms and started attacking me, screaming, salivating. I almost passed out with fear and legged it. She had forgot to tell me that she was a nurse at a mental institution and that she had taken two of the patients with her as a holiday treat! o ****ing treat for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Trecco Bay was an absolute Zoo going back 30 years. I went down there for a week when i was 18, with some mates. I got 'Friendly' with some much older nurses who were staying in the caravan next to us. Anyway, one evening i was with this nurse after we'd been out for a few drinks, back in her caravan. I was bollock naked and decided to take a quick piss, when all of a sudden these two naked people burst out of one of the bedrooms and started attacking me, screaming, salivating. I almost passed out with fear and legged it. She had forgot to tell me that she was a nurse at a mental institution and that she had taken two of the patients with her as a holiday treat! o ****ing treat for me!
    You could always guarantee getting either a thick lip or chlamydia. Usually at different times though. You nearly had both at once

Well played.

Once got a dig off some soppy prick who sang ‘Lady in Red’ much to my mates amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You could always guarantee getting either a thick lip or chlamydia. Usually at different times though. You nearly had both at once

Well played.

Once got a dig off some soppy prick who sang ‘Lady in Red’ much to my mates amusement.
    In fairness, it was a great week! The nonsense we got up to. The place sort of typified South Wales at the time. Going back to my story-one of the patients that attacked (Barbara was her name, i later learnt) Would just stare at me, then take out her false teeth and rattle them together while walking towards me-absolutely terrifying stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In fairness, it was a great week! The nonsense we got up to. The place sort of typified South Wales at the time. Going back to my story-one of the patients that attacked (Barbara was her name, i later learnt) Would just stare at me, then take out her false teeth and rattle them together while walking towards me-absolutely terrifying stuff
    Bank holiday weekends (Sunday) or the traditional miners/factory fortnight were usually a laugh. Dirty Duck during the afternoon drinking Labatts and ending up in the Roxy(?) with some darling from the Maerdy, plying her with a load of fibs.

Then the Dewi Sant for the swabs a couple of weeks later.