Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
It's a hypothetica example.

And no, he probably wouldn't have during his playing days, given the state of his knees might never have got back up again.
Talk about desperation not to say you're wrong - I made a joke of the fact that I wouldn't be able to get up again if I took the knee because I'm a not very fit, overweight, sixty four year old, but I'd do it anyway even if the getting up part from it would hardly be graceful. Bellamy was a professional footballer who got paid an awful lot of money by our club right up to the end of his career, he was also the sort of player who always gave 100 per cent in every game, he may not have been the physical specimen at the end of his career that he was at the start of it, but to seriously suggest his knees were so bad that he wouldn't have been able to pick himself up is barmy.

You do release that you are dismissing footballers as virtue signallers for taking the knee do you? Just think about that, they are free to do what they like in this country and, as far as I'm aware, every single one of them so far has done it. Are you saying that if you were a Premier League footballer, you'd not do it? What point would you be wanting to make by not doing it if, as I presume you do, you say you're not a racist?

Seems to me that footballers of all colours in this country are exercising their right of choice, what's wrong with that? I thought you libertarian types were all in favour of that.