+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore

Re: Kieffer Moore

Neither striker looks like a proper finisher. Both appear to need at least 10 chances for a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Neither striker looks like a proper finisher. Both appear to need at least 10 chances for a goal.
    If Moore was a 20 goal a season striker, we wouldn't have bought him for £2m.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If Moore was a 20 goal a season striker, we wouldn't have bought him for £2m.
    Correct, although i'm sure that we can try and play in a way that uses his other attributes that can improve the team. He surely wasn't brought in for goals alone. Harris' style and tactics are failing him and others around him. When is it going to click?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Correct, although i'm sure that we can try and play in a way that uses his other attributes that can improve the team. He surely wasn't brought in for goals alone. Harris' style and tactics are failing him and others around him. When is it going to click?
    Yes. Statistically we won't get the best out of him if we're reliant on him being good in the air.

Yes. Statistically we won't get the best out of him if we're reliant on him being good in the air.
    Do you fancy a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you fancy a job?
    No. I'm crap in the air.

For Wales, they pass the ball into Moore, he holds the ball, they get runners off him and then he gets into the box. We don't have a single player that runs in behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    For Wales, they pass the ball into Moore, he holds the ball, they get runners off him and then he gets into the box. We don't have a single player that runs in behind.
    Even for Wales he's showed he prefers the ball on the deck. He's not a striker for flick-ons.

He looked blown tonight

Even for Wales he's showed he prefers the ball on the deck. He's not a striker for flick-ons.
    It's amazing the amount of big ****ers we sign that don't like the ball in the air.

And so the number of threads on "crap" City strikers in the last decade goes past the 500 mark - I must ask when is the penny going to drop? Playing up front for Cardiff City is a thankless and frustrating task, Jay Bothroyd, rightly, gets a lot of praise on here for being almost a complete centre forward at Championship level, but we were a different team when he played for us, would he have done as well if he'd had the misfortune to be playing for us since, say, 2013?

That stat Eric posted about Wigan playing to Keiffer Moore's feet more than we do says it all. I genuinely believe we're trying to change and we played some nice stuff in our last two matches, but there's still this desire to "get the ball up to the big man", it's outmoded and has done very little for us. What success we've enjoyed since our first promotion has not come about because of what our target man striker did when the ball was pumped up to him in open play - goals have come from putting the ball in the air from set pieces, but there haven't been too many examples of them coming from that tactic in open play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And so the number of threads on "crap" City strikers in the last decade goes past the 500 mark - I must ask when is the penny going to drop? Playing up front for Cardiff City is a thankless and frustrating task, Jay Bothroyd, rightly, gets a lot of praise on here for being almost a complete centre forward at Championship level, but we were a different team when he played for us, would he have done as well if he'd had the misfortune to be playing for us since, say, 2013?

That stat Eric posted about Wigan playing to Keiffer Moore's feet more than we do says it all. I genuinely believe we're trying to change and we played some nice stuff in our last two matches, but there's still this desire to "get the ball up to the big man", it's outmoded and has done very little for us. What success we've enjoyed since our first promotion has not come about because of what our target man striker did when the ball was pumped up to him in open play - goals have come from putting the ball in the air from set pieces, but there haven't been too many examples of them coming from that tactic in open play.
    Don't think I mentioned the word ''crap'' when I started this thread.

I understand that the service that Moore gets from the team isn't the best, but he had quite a few decent chances that he should have put away last night and in previous games in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Don't think I mentioned the word ''crap'' when I started this thread.

I understand that the service that Moore gets from the team isn't the best, but he had quite a few decent chances that he should have put away last night and in previous games in my opinion.
    The word "crap" wasn't mentioned, but, without fail, the sequence goes we sign a striker amid great enthusiasm on here, he plays half a dozen games or so and then the critical messages start to appear - to me, it's too simplistic to just assume we always sign poor, or crap, strikers.

That said, last night we did actually create a few chances and Moore certainly should have got that header he put over from a corner on target at the very least, but you can go all the way back to Helguson and ask how many really good chances did they miss about any of our target men and the answer would be not that many - the last striker I can remember missing chances galore for us was Kenny Miller.

The system rethink must surely be showing a bit of success by now, all the talk of Harris refining us after the Warnock years may be true but it’s not yielding rewards, great effort to reach the play offs but that should have been the start of a ‘kick on’ situation.How long is it going to take if he is attempting to reach some sort of definite transformation? We’ve brought in Moore but it’s self evident we aren’t playing to his strengths or, worryingly, has he got the strengths we fans want to see? The Glatzel experiment isn’t working at all, play him up front on his own, play him with Moore, bring him on as an impact sub, he’s not up to it no matter how much Harris bulls him up in training, perhaps the Vale of Glamorgan sessions should be televised instead of the league matches so we can drool over ‘the best finisher he’s worked with’. We did sort of play well yesterday evening and given the amount of goal attempts that the match stats suggested we should have scored at least one, we can gripe about the defence and midfield and rightly so on times but ultimately ‘Its Goals That Count’ (Nick Smith, The Hotspur circa 1960s, the most appropriate football phrase) and the players we have in our ranks who should be the main, no.1, providers, our strikers, just aren’t cutting it. It isn’t going to change soon unless another tactical rethink is implemented but it needs to be done soon or we’re going to find ourselves in deep shit.

He’s a £2m player? What was you lot expecting? He’s already made us look better.

We had 17 shots yesterday.

Because the midfield was able to get behind him

There were two occasions last night when he had the chance to “pull the trigger”, both times he chose to TRY and square the ball across the box.
    For me, as a striker, he should be taking more responsibility and be a selfish t wat and go for goal.

I like him as a player and was happy when we signed him. Didn’t think it was his greatest game yesterday though, but everyone has them.

Agree with whoever said that at Wales it’s into his feet to bring others into play. The amount of times it’s just crossed in the box for him or launched forward for him to flick on was noticeable yesterday. If there’s no runners in behind and bodies around him it’s a tough ask.

I liked the look of him and Glatzel together on Tuesday, was disappointed that wasn’t the side again yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He’s a £2m player? What was you lot expecting? He’s already made us look better.

We had 17 shots yesterday.

Because the midfield was able to get behind him
    Surely that’s a very worrying statistic, 17 shots without a goal. When we’ve pinched games like that in the past many of us have ridiculed the opposition, ‘Couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo’ etc type of jibes. So is it more worrying to create 17 chances and not score than creating only 2 chances and scoring one? In a perfect world there’d be a happy medium of creating 7 or 8 chances, converting 2 or 3, we’re nowhere near that in my opinion.

I like him but he looks knackered. No doubt he'll play every minute of the internatioinals too.

I honestly think he looks a tidy footballer and a great signing. Crazy that he’s being written off already.

17 shots without a goal, when you would expect to score 3 or 4 goals based on those opportunities created!
    It poses even more questions about how were set up and what goes on during training sessions in my view?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Surely that’s a very worrying statistic, 17 shots without a goal. When we’ve pinched games like that in the past many of us have ridiculed the opposition, ‘Couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo’ etc type of jibes. So is it more worrying to create 17 chances and not score than creating only 2 chances and scoring one? In a perfect world there’d be a happy medium of creating 7 or 8 chances, converting 2 or 3, we’re nowhere near that in my opinion.
    17 shots doesn't mean he has had 17 chances created imo. The service is awful, he's living on scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I like him as a player and was happy when we signed him. Didn’t think it was his greatest game yesterday though, but everyone has them.

Agree with whoever said that at Wales it’s into his feet to bring others into play. The amount of times it’s just crossed in the box for him or launched forward for him to flick on was noticeable yesterday. If there’s no runners in behind and bodies around him it’s a tough ask.

I liked the look of him and Glatzel together on Tuesday, was disappointed that wasn’t the side again yesterday.
    Yes the Glatzel partnership was a lot more threatening , made the opposing defender's think , and gave Moore the support he needs , being a lone striker is a tough gig , he is learning to knit into a new team , he's a trier , he's a lot better than the Madine , Revell' s and even Zohores of this world as he's causing chaos and near misses , its not just about the goal return, let's give him a season, before judging so harshly.

Glatzel and Moore for me too.
    Moore tends to drop deep and could do the defending from the front bit when needed and the threat of the two big fellas up top could well work as per Barnsley.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Harris got it wrong yesterday showing BC too much respect.
    We should be having teams fear us.

Just because we play 1 up front doesnt mean we are necessarily being less attacking.

Lose the midfield battle and 2 up front wont make us more attacking.

If Glatzel wants to push for a start then he needs to be banging in goals or at least look a serious threat. Hes not showing either. Came on yesterday no impact at all.