+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating out in fancy restaurants

Eating out in fancy restaurants

Maybe this is why I am such a failure with the women but I hate it

Dressing up posh , listening to poncey piped classical music whilst waiting for some overpriced three course meal to arrive

Sod that , give me a pub grub type meal or a beefeater steak house or a good curry or better still a Chinese takeaway in front of the telly

Pretentious nonsense but it seems women like to be wined and dinef

Well not by me , egg fried rice , noodles , spring rolls and sweet and sour pork followed by a good old chat about politics and the most influential heavy rock albums of the last thirty years

What modern woman could resist that ?

Re: Eating out in fancy restaurants

I don't think there is anywhere in Cardiff that you can't get in with jeans and trainers on i might be wrong.
    I'll decode your message - I'm a skinflint.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Dressing up posh , listening to poncey piped classical music whilst waiting for some overpriced three course meal to arrive

Sod that , give me a pub grub type meal or a beefeater steak house or a good curry or better still a Chinese takeaway in front of the telly

Well not by me , egg fried rice , noodles , spring rolls and sweet and sour pork followed by a good old chat about politics and the most influential heavy rock albums of the last thirty years

Now show me a woman with whom I could talk Politics, Heavy Metal and Dirty whilst eating a Chinese or Curry then I'm there like a flash. None of this Celebrity Big Brother, In The Jungle or soppy romantic films please.

Sludge my sort of woman is the sort who prefers eating in places like the ones you like. They're out there and they're the only ones worth bothering with.

I was at the Mercure hotel last night for a meal, not poncy but was a jacket & tie evening, the dinner part of the evening and whilst the meal actually being hot which is a refreshing change had, and I shit you not, 4 (four) green beans, there was some other veg!!, TBF the meal Was O.K and i enjoyed it but it was no Patrice Grill.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sludge my sort of woman is the sort who prefers eating in places like the ones you like. They're out there and they're the only ones worth bothering with.
    The cwm ciddy on weycock cross , Barry , is my kind of place

Cheap , get in , scoff your food , get out

Its the lidl for diners who like things simple

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Now show me a woman with whom I could talk Politics, Heavy Metal and Dirty whilst eating a Chinese or Curry then I'm there like a flash. None of this Celebrity Big Brother, In The Jungle or soppy romantic films please.
    Or strictly come dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I was at the Mercure hotel last night for a meal, not poncy but was a jacket & tie evening, the dinner part of the evening and whilst the meal actually being hot which is a refreshing change had, and I shit you not, 4 (four) green beans, there was some other veg!!, TBF the meal Was O.K and i enjoyed it but it was no Patrice Grill.
    I like those microwaveable mashed swede and carrot packs you can get at the co op , perfect for the likes of me

Keeps you regular

Ha that's a bit too far in the wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Ha that's a bit too far in the wrong direction
    Where to are you ?

There's sure to be a beefeater or Toby inn nearby

Its always a winner

I reckon 90% of 'restaurant' food comes from the likes of Castell Howell. Microwaved up, add the sachet of sauce provided, and plate up. Curry the same. Remember [for those old enough], that agonizing wait for your curry to come to the table. Nowadays they all buy the sauces in, add the meat [again pre-ordered - very few have 'tandoori ovens noways'], and chuck in a couple of extras just to make it authentic..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I reckon 90% of 'restaurant' food comes from the likes of Castell Howell. Microwaved up, add the sachet of sauce provided, and plate up. Curry the same. Remember [for those old enough], that agonizing wait for your curry to come to the table. Nowadays they all buy the sauces in, add the meat [again pre-ordered - very few have 'tandoori ovens noways'], and chuck in a couple of extras just to make it authentic..
    Couldn't agree more

The chicken balls , perfectly formed ?

What's all that about ?

Sounds like you're going to 'restaurants' instead of restaurants.

Where the **** are you eating?!

Go somewhere fancy occasionally as a treat. Take some Slipknot sheet music for the string quartet and ask them to serenade your date.
    Meet someone who'll appreciate that and won't mind the pub grub at other times. Mix it up, avoid routine.

Signed,
    Relationship expert Bluebirdman (single).

Where to are you ?

There's sure to be a beefeater or Toby inn nearby

Its always a winner
    Ha in Barry. Love a Toby or Beefeater but not that place 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Now there's a blast from the past,my stop off after town.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Where the **** are you eating?!
    I have eaten out in Nook, Heaney's, Porro [Llandaff] and the Lower Street Bistro, Stansted, in the past month. All excellent food prepared on premises. Step down a notch and you're getting Castell Howell.

It's easy to work out which ones. CH and others prepare for example a chicken breast or Lamb shank. and have around 20 different sauces and accompaniments such as sliced mushrooms, onions, to go into the sauce. Then a single portion of veg - again a large range - ready cooked to put in microwave. Even 'posh' mash. Right down to a little sachet of crispy onions for a garnish. The permutations are endless which create an impression of uniqueness for each restaurant.. Nice shop grub at restaurant prices..

The OP neglects to mention in his younger days he was a regular at posh nosh joints. His dine and dash escapades involved scoffing an enormous amount of grub before squeezing through a bog window to make good his escape before the bill arrived.

He does very occasionally cough for an expensive meal as a knicker-dropping inducement for 'a right sort' who simply refuses to do the biz in exchange for a rissole and chips washed down with a can of Stella.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The OP neglects to mention in his younger days he was a regular at posh nosh joints. His dine and dash escapades involved scoffing an enormous amount of grub before squeezing through a bog window to make good his escape before the bill arrived.

He does very occasionally cough for an expensive meal as a knicker-dropping inducement for 'a right sort' who simply refuses to do the biz in exchange for a rissole and chips washed down with a can of Stella.
    I had a cheese and onion rissole the other day , bloody lovely it was

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Now there's a blast from the past,my stop off after town.
    On the lash in town, walk to the Patrice for cuisine at its finest, wholesome mixed grill and a plate of skinny chips, and at prices an apprentice welder could afford, but if we had a few quid spare which meant working a Sunday for double bubble, we went really posh to the Anastasia in Grangetown.

I have eaten out in Nook, Heaney's, Porro [Llandaff] and the Lower Street Bistro, Stansted, in the past month. All excellent food prepared on premises. Step down a notch and you're getting Castell Howell.

It's easy to work out which ones. CH and others prepare for example a chicken breast or Lamb shank. and have around 20 different sauces and accompaniments such as sliced mushrooms, onions, to go into the sauce. Then a single portion of veg - again a large range - ready cooked to put in microwave. Even 'posh' mash. Right down to a little sachet of crispy onions for a garnish. The permutations are endless which create an impression of uniqueness for each restaurant.. Nice shop grub at restaurant prices..
    Yeah the trick is not to eat at average over priced restaurants. There are more good independent ones than ever and everything is so well reviewed it should be easy to avoid shit ones.

Went in Asadors last week and it was crap and bloody expensive.

Sludge steak club in spoons is a good start for you. Ladies that can handle a bit of meat.

Using a knife and fork is considered posh in most parts of Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Using a knife and fork is considered posh in most parts of Wales
    It would be for Sludge when he's noshing back a kebab.