+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Solskjaer top of the Premier League

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Solskjaer top of the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair, 24 year olds Jo Inge Berget and Magnus Wolff Eikrem were undeniable hot prospects, just look at what they've achieved since leaving!
    Agree. Berget, who was a highly regarded prospect achieved nothing. Henche his 100k fee. Would have made the club a profit though, if not run by idiots. Eikrem? Well, he achieved a lot more than any Cardiff player the next couple of years. But not living up to his Ferguson tag. Would still make the club profit, if not run, and supported by idiots.
    Dæhli? 16 highest ranked talent in the world at his time at Cardiff? Got his career ruined by injuries. But he payed the bill from all of them signings and leaving the club going steven. You point being? Clutching at straws?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Agree. Berget, who was a highly regarded prospect achieved nothing. Henche his 100k fee. Would have made the club a profit though, if not run by idiots. Eikrem? Well, he achieved a lot more than any Cardiff player the next couple of years. But not living up to his Ferguson tag. Would still make the club profit, if not run, and supported by idiots.
    Dæhli? 16 highest ranked talent in the world at his time at Cardiff? Got his career ruined by injuries. But he payed the bill from all of them signings and leaving the club going steven. You point being? Clutching at straws?
    You're joking right?

You'll notice I didn't actually mention Daehli, I thought he was a good signing at the time and still do, he was just unlucky with injuries.

The other two though, come on. Berget went back to Sweden, went to America, back to Sweden. Eikrem the same but he ended up back in Norway. They were poor signings. Solskjaer made some good signings, Morrison, Pilkington & Manga were all good buys, but surely even you have to accept he made some shit signings?

He seems to be doing a decent job there at Utd now but for me, it was terrible to watch here. It’s one of the few times (and there’s been plenty of opportunities) where I stopped looking forward to going down. Came across as a nice guy and all that but the team looked clueless.

IMO the difference is he’s dealing with a totally different level of squad to play the style he wants, and the players here weren’t good enough to work with it.

Still think they’ll fall well short for the league this year but wish him all the best