+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

On a Positive note looks like the Heath hospital has resumed normal service by looking at the amount of cars parked up and people walking in today....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    On a Positive note looks like the Heath hospital has resumed normal service by looking at the amount of cars parked up and people walking in today....
    Well, NHS staff aren't at significantly higher risk despite political claims to the opposite. Normal service should resume where possible.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-11/...rtain-key-job/

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Well, NHS staff aren't at significantly higher risk despite political claims to the opposite. Normal service should resume where possible.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-11/...rtain-key-job/
    Isn't it that they're at higher risk of getting it just if they get it they have the same mortality rate as the majority. So I don't think the political claims are wrong in that sense.

I'd be interesting why people in those jobs have a higher mortality rate?
    Some are quite sedantry jobs? Some are morel likely to have older men? Some might expose them to a higher viral load?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn't it that they're at higher risk of getting it just if they get it they have the same mortality rate as the majority. So I don't think the political claims are wrong in that sense.

I'd be interesting why people in those jobs have a higher mortality rate?
    Some are quite sedantry jobs? Some are morel likely to have older men? Some might expose them to a higher viral load?
    Exactly, we know that men are more vulnerable. There's so much that isn't known - we know BAME, male deaths are higher - may be genetics, who knows?