+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Understand what you mean but the ONS figures are published weekly and are completely seperate from the Hospital daily figures issed by the government. These are used to keep in line with other countries reporting the same, but also because they are readily availabe, the ONS figures take time to collate. What we need to look at is todays figure, then see the difference.
    I think the spike won't show until tomorrow because the figures today will only be up to 5 PM yeaterday when the holiday was still affecting reporting. The adjusting will be the figures reported tomorrow which are up to 5 PM yesterday.
    But then you have to add up all the new figures from Friday to today and devide by 4 to get the daily mean. It will probably still be higher
    Yes, on reflection you may well be right - I seem to remember Wednesday's as the worst day normally now. I think in the past they have just added all of the additional figures on to one day, but I might be wrong in believing that.

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, on reflection you may well be right - I seem to remember Wednesday's as the worst day normally now. I think in the past they have just added all of the additional figures on to one day, but I might be wrong in believing that.
    xsnaggle was right. 772 deaths announced just now, so we will probably see a big increase on that tomorrow. New cases recorded was 5,362 which is slightly above recent days, but means that, apart from Saturday's figure which was boosted by a one off 3,000 plus extra cases of positive swab tests on key workers, they have been holding pretty steady for over a week.