+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rainbow Hat Lady

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rainbow Hat Lady

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    At the end of the Qatar has its own laws like every other country and when going to that country obey them or face the consequences.I’m not saying Qatar should have been given The World Cup but they did and anyone going aware of any issues breaking the law whether you agree with or not.
    Next World Cup is partly in America so no point going over there and drinking in a bar if your under 21,against the law.
    Simple.
    Bit of a difference between getting chucked in jail cause you kiss your same sex partner in public and not being able to buy booze. Personally, I don't care about the no booze thing in Qatar. It is however a fckin disgrace that a country that excludes certain types of people should be included as a host for a world cup. Hosts welcome.

I'm watching a programme on Spanish TV ( "Salvados - El otro mundial" ) and it's seriously depressing stuff. Interviewing some woman in Nepal whose husband died of a urinary infection because he didn't have money to pay for the bottled water his employer offered.

..........I'm not going to watch any more of this WC. I'd feel dirty..........and I love watching the world cup. But **** em.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Bit of a difference between getting chucked in jail cause you kiss your same sex partner in public and not being able to buy booze. Personally, I don't care about the no booze thing in Qatar. It is however a fckin disgrace that a country that excludes certain types of people should be included as a host for a world cup. Hosts welcome.

I'm watching a programme on Spanish TV ( "Salvados - El otro mundial" ) and it's seriously depressing stuff. Interviewing some woman in Nepal whose husband died of a urinary infection because he didn't have money to pay for the bottled water his employer offered.

..........I'm not going to watch any more of this WC. I'd feel dirty..........and I love watching the world cup. But **** em.
    To be fair - when I visited Dubai we were told to be aware that kissing and cuddling in public by anyone was frowned upon so not just same sex relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    To be fair - when I visited Dubai we were told to be aware that kissing and cuddling in public by anyone was frowned upon so not just same sex relationships.
    Ye. The thought did occur to me after I wrote this.

.....out of interest, how would they go about proving that someone is homosexual in everyday life in a place like that ? Nosey neighbours ?

Not criminalising people because of their sexual orientation or gender (or race, creed etc) should be a requirement for any country wishing to host the competition....in same way that they have to meet facilites, transport and accommodation requirements.