+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Having the stick/dap in school

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Having the stick/dap in school

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not sure how old you are, but did you have a Mr Kavanagh in Llanrumney High?
    I remember Mr Kavanagh. He was the first to cane me in Llanrumey High or Ball Road as we called it. The twat.

A few have mentioned the rap on the knuckles with a ruler. This was a trademark of, what seemed like at the time, an elderly woman teacher, Miss Williams, in St Alban’s juniors. Not the flat of the ruler, the edge, she’d tell you to put your hand flat on the desk and bring it down hard, leaving a line on your knuckles for the rest of the day. Unbelievable behaviour really for an aged spinster, dear God she had a temper.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A few have mentioned the rap on the knuckles with a ruler. This was a trademark of, what seemed like at the time, an elderly woman teacher, Miss Williams, in St Alban’s juniors. Not the flat of the ruler, the edge, she’d tell you to put your hand flat on the desk and bring it down hard, leaving a line on your knuckles for the rest of the day. Unbelievable behaviour really for an aged spinster, dear God she had a temper.

What about the Casey sisters, like the 3 witches in Hocus Pocus

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What about the Casey sisters, like the 3 witches in Hocus Pocus
    I was never in one of their classes but you’re right they were fearsome. I knew you’d remember Miss Williams, they were old weren’t they? Or did they just seem it to us? All spinsters as well, no man could have dealt with them I s’pose.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    I remember Mr Kavanagh. He was the first to cane me in Llanrumey High or Ball Road as we called it. The twat.
    Howard Richards hit hard,and the mad Mr Franklyn was a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Howard Richards hit hard,and the mad Mr Franklyn was a twat.
    Oh yes Mr Franklyn,i had many encounters with him. You did not want the dap off him either.