Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Chris Whitty's remarks yesterday about them having gone as far as they can in easing restrictions in England surely means that we won't have the chance to attend matches in October as originally planned because Drakeford and co won't go against what they are doing in England even in the unlikely event of the Football League being okay about Welsh grounds opening while English ones stayed shut - I'll be amazed if City fans get the chance to see their team play in the flesh in 2020 and it's hard to see it happening in the early months of 2021 as well.

There has to be a doubt if matches will continue to be played if new cases keep on rising at the rate they have been in the last ten days or so.
I may be wrong, but it appeared that it may be at a trade-off point now. i.e. for kids to go to school in England in September, they may have to consider closing cinemas or pubs (for example).

It really has to be a priority for kids to be back in school in September. If I was a parent, I would be hugely concerned about home schooling continuing for the rest of 2020. Hopefully, in Wales, this isn't in jeopardy as there has been a more deliberate step by step easing of restrictions.

As regards football matches, I can't see anything better than grounds at 20% capacity with no away fans for the upcoming season. I hope I am wrong but, in all honesty, how is football going to survive this in the Lower Leagues? How many people are employed by football clubs from Championship level down?

Let's say Cardiff offer full credit for 2021/22 in the event that some (if not all) season ticket holders couldn't make any games in 2020/21. Then, the financial burden has only been delayed 12 months. Even if clubs are back at full capacity in 2021/22, the financial burden will stretch a season or two on.

It really is time for pragmatism. I see no point in starting 2020/21 if fans can't get in. In fact, I think it's important to address it because a lot of people are forking out a lot of money for something that cannot be delivered nationally.