+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 wins on the trot - FAO Snuggly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 6 wins on the trot - FAO Snuggly

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Your request for a streak analysis.

This is the 9th time we've won 6 games on the trot (excluding European and Welsh ties). The first to manage it was Fred Steward in 1922. McCandless's almost invincibles in 1946/47 managed 8 on the spin. The only other time we've managed 8 successive wins was under Neil Warnock, when we beat Burton 3-1 at home. We have never managed 7 wins on the trot except under those runs from Warnock and McCandless.

I find it amazing that we were 2 defeats away from the worst losing streak in the club's history, yet are 3 wins away from the best winning streak ever.
    I just watched 2017 Reading 2 Cardiff 2 on TV. It came up with the stat that previous to that game we were p15 W13 D2. That is astounding

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I just watched 2017 Reading 2 Cardiff 2 on TV. It came up with the stat that previous to that game we were p15 W13 D2. That is astounding
    That stat is incorrect. It should have read W8 D4 L3. We lost to Preston, Birmingham and the Wurzels.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That stat is incorrect. It should have read W8 D4 L3. We lost to Preston, Birmingham and the Wurzels.
    That's more credible. I was surprised that I didn't remember it. When we won first 10 home games under MM those stats must have been good. Were we unbeaten away for those 10? Ended against Burton and they did a double (that's what I remember)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    That's more credible. I was surprised that I didn't remember it. When we won first 10 home games under MM those stats must have been good. Were we unbeaten away for those 10? Ended against Burton and they did a double (that's what I remember)
    If you mean the season under Malky it was against Peterborough, they beat us 2-1 home and away. Burton were still in League 2 at the time

We weren't unbeaten away for those ten, I remember losing 4-2 at Bristol and the 5-4 at Charlton, I assume we lost against some others

We won the league quite easily with a decent points total that season but I remember us having a pretty bumpy end to the season with a lot of draws

That's worrying. I remember the team was bottom for the home match. At 'east they did the double and got relegated