+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tories get a leathering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tories get a leathering

Ed Davey's reaction to the victory reminded me of David Steel's 'Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Government' speech years ago.

We're still waiting.

I keep waiting for the backlash against the Tories, who are in my opinion, the most corrupt, inadequate and useless bunch of grifters ever to govern.

And yes we keep waiting, and waiting.

Maybe this is a slight blip or the start of the english middle classes finally having enough of tory lies and uselessness.

This has to be a freak result based on local issues. No way is this a Liberal Democrat "revival". As for "Labour standing aside" that is a complete joke invented by one of their spin doctors I suspect. Only 622 votes - come on, pull the other one!! Tories can claim the usual "it's a by-election and the party in power always gets a bloody nose" mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I keep waiting for the backlash against the Tories, who are in my opinion, the most corrupt, inadequate and useless bunch of grifters ever to govern.

Maybe this is a slight blip or the start of the english middle classes finally having enough of tory lies and uselessness.
    Agree.

Easily the most useless Prime Minister and front bench in memory. Even on this board criticise and theres a significant minority upset and into defence mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Could well be. Then they'll ditch the conservatives and go and vote for ... oh, hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Ed Davey's reaction to the victory reminded me of David Steel's 'Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Government' speech years ago.

We're still waiting.
    That did cross my mind , I wonder if the Bucks NIMBY voters will seek clarity from Ed Davey on his view on his housing strategy especially those adversely effected in the wonderful leafy /wealthy suburban areas .

Affordable housing , new trains yes , but not near us .