+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Budget live: Welsh Government announces its spending plans and cuts for the coming year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Budget live: Welsh Government announces its spending plans and cuts for the coming year

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What sort of mind does it take to defend what the Governing party in the UK has done in the past fourteen years to concentrate on criticising a partially devolved Gvernment that is mainly reliant on money allocated to it by Westminster? Welsh Labour aren’t perfect, but until there’s full devolution, they have an excuse for that (as does UK local Government), what’s the UK Government’s?
    Full devolution you say …. How is a devolved government going to finance itself without Westminster support , it’s not a slight , I've just always wondered.

Re: Budget live: Welsh Government announces its spending plans and cuts for the coming year

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Full devolution you say …. How is a devolved government going to finance itself without Westminster support , it’s not a slight , I've just always wondered.
    In the same way countries like, say, Cyprus, Malta, Luxembourg and Iceland do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In the same way countries like, say, Cyprus, Malta, Luxembourg and Iceland do.
    That’s a terrible analogy to be fair , two of this countries really have to rely on the tourism industry, and the other one has a fairly decent export economy, Luxembourg has banking and steel aswell as other and industrial sectors.

According to Google the Citizens of Luxembourg enjoy the second highest per capita gross domestic product in the world, according to an IMF estimate in 2022.

Wales has a small tourism sector which is in decline due to high taxes and ludicrously imposed restrictions on travel
    Wales already has one of the largest percentage of people on sickness benefit and this would probably increase if it were to be economically sustainable.

Independently governed will result higher taxes and more poverty.

Thankfully it’s not going to happen and if it did I would think it would result in a population decline.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s a terrible analogy to be fair , two of this countries really have to rely on the tourism industry, and the other one has a fairly decent export economy, Luxembourg has banking and steel aswell as other and industrial sectors.

According to Google the Citizens of Luxembourg enjoy the second highest per capita gross domestic product in the world, according to an IMF estimate in 2022.

Wales has a small tourism sector which is in decline due to high taxes and ludicrously imposed restrictions on travel
    Wales already has one of the largest percentage of people on sickness benefit and this would probably increase if it were to be economically sustainable.

Independently governed will result higher taxes and more poverty.

Thankfully it’s not going to happen and if it did I would think it would result in a population decline.
    They are small countries that find a way, if they can do it, I don’t see why Wales couldn’t.