+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

With reference to the previous game as well, i would suggest that opposition coaches have worked out that the majority of our players cannot handle receiving the ball in close quarters with an opposing player, and just by simple squeezing our back 5 are effectively nullifying the rest of the team who are offering no movement or options with a resultant hoof from either LB or RB to a player up field who is so isolated from a supporting player and not able to hold on to the ball for our midfield players to catch up with play, the saints players often with more room are able to receive and pass in one movement without having to trap the ball take a step then having to look around for an option (3 movements) i see modern football as pace, receive pass move, receive pass move repeat to fade we are seemingly playing 5 metre balls back and forth across the back 4, with players retreating all the time to receive the ball thus conceding 75% of the field make it simple for the Saints to sweep up when an isolated player receives a long ball, If we are allowed to bully an opposition who stand off us then we look decent but as soon as the opposition fronts up in the face their doesn't seem an option to swicth things up.

Re: SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    With reference to the previous game as well, i would suggest that opposition coaches have worked out that the majority of our players cannot handle receiving the ball in close quarters with an opposing player, and just by simple squeezing our back 5 are effectively nullifying the rest of the team who are offering no movement or options with a resultant hoof from either LB or RB to a player up field who is so isolated from a supporting player and not able to hold on to the ball for our midfield players to catch up with play, the saints players often with more room are able to receive and pass in one movement without having to trap the ball take a step then having to look around for an option (3 movements) i see modern football as pace, receive pass move, receive pass move repeat to fade we are seemingly playing 5 metre balls back and forth across the back 4, with players retreating all the time to receive the ball thus conceding 75% of the field make it simple for the Saints to sweep up when an isolated player receives a long ball, If we are allowed to bully an opposition who stand off us then we look decent but as soon as the opposition fronts up in the face their doesn't seem an option to swicth things up.
    My thoughts exactly! It's so frustrating to watch. Bulut needs to sort it out asap or we'll be in the bottom half of the table come Xmas