+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chaos in Government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Did they? I suppose his constituents did, but in the UK we have a parliamentary system, not a presidential system. The voters voted for the party, not the man.
    With that logic, Corbyn had no effect on Labour's votes which makes all the effort the press put in to attacking him pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    With that logic, Corbyn had no effect on Labour's votes which makes all the effort the press put in to attacking him pointless.
    My view is that, whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of the public, including Labour supporters, saw Labours policies as being too left wing under Corbyn, and voted accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    My view is that, whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of the public, including Labour supporters, saw Labours policies as being too left wing under Corbyn, and voted accordingly.
    In the run up to the election I can remember a taxi driver telling me that despite the fact he wasn't a regular Tory voter and thought Boris was an idiot, the idea of Corbyn in charge was worse and so would vote Conservative to keep him out.

The whole "Corbyn is the bogeyman" shitck by the media worked wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    In the run up to the election I can remember a taxi driver telling me that despite the fact he wasn't a regular Tory voter and thought Boris was an idiot, the idea of Corbyn in charge was worse and so would vote Conservative to keep him out.

The whole "Corbyn is the bogeyman" shitck by the media worked wonders.
    I experienced this too. It was ironic because when people were read/shown a number of key policies from the manifesto, they agreed with them and said they could back them. Then they were told they were Corbyn's and immediately said they wouldn't vote for them.