+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The return of football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The return of football

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I'm looking forward to it - not expecting a great deal from City mind.
    I'll be watching the Aston Villa v Sheffield United game on Wednesday - wouldn't have bothered with it under normal circumstances.

As for City and the rest of the teams in and around the play-off race, I think it's a case of anything could happen. I guess a lot will depend on what sort shape the players have managed to keep themselves in during the lockdown. I wonder if a team like Derby or QPR could mount a serious challenge now that things are resuming under such bizarre circumstances?

In Germany, the top five pre-lockdown are still the top five in the same order, but Schalke 04 have dropped right away from 6th to 11th. Meanwhile, the bottom three are still the same, but Werder Bremen are making much more of a fight of it.

Re: The return of football

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'll be watching the Aston Villa v Sheffield United game on Wednesday - wouldn't have bothered with it under normal circumstances.

As for City and the rest of the teams in and around the play-off race, I think it's a case of anything could happen. I guess a lot will depend on what sort shape the players have managed to keep themselves in during the lockdown. I wonder if a team like Derby or QPR could mount a serious challenge now that things are resuming under such bizarre circumstances?

In Germany, the top five pre-lockdown are still the top five in the same order, but Schalke 04 have dropped right away from 6th to 11th. Meanwhile, the bottom three are still the same, but Werder Bremen are making much more of a fight of it.
    I mentioned in my blog piece this morning that more than half of the games in the Bundesliga since it restarted have resulted in away wins. I was expecting an improvement in results for the away sides, but I'm baffled as to why they're doing so well - the first six games in Spain have two home wins and three away ones as well.

I think QPR have the forward talent to go on a good run, but there was plenty of opposition to the Championship starting so quickly from that club and so they might not be in the best frame of mind at the moment.