Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
I've never understood the constant criticism on here for criticisms sake. If you're a labour supporter you don't have to criticize everything the Tories do and vice versa. We've got the best of both worlds at the moment. Not cut off from the union if independent, nor do I believe abolishing the WAG is a good idea either?

I don't like the fact that the Gov prioritizes the environment over a fragile economy, even more so that we know it will always be Labour in charge here for the foreseeable future. Why we don't have big capital investment projects here baffles me!

But the take over in principle of trains, airport etc is a good thing but has been poorly handled.

Not a major fan of the sugar and alcohol tax but not dead against it.

Not all WG decisions have been bad and I don't think the grass is always greener
I saw it suggested that Rishi Shunak will introduce a road tax because the ban on sale of petrol/diesel cars will see drop in purchase in fuel and thus drop in revenue brought into the economy through that route. Give me a tax on sugar and alcohol any day, something we currently need to discourage, over a tax on something that is people responding to government's green policies in a way that has the desired effect.

The Housing Laws being processed currently are in a way good (helps reduce homelessness) and in a way bad (likely to over-crowd the courts, likely to put people of becoming landlords) with dial tilting slightly more towards bad than good but nevertheless overall policy heading in right direction. Don't think the Senedd gets everything right but more complex that saying it's all bad, or all good.