+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

It's just a bad run, which is harder to turn around with a paper thin squad and not helped by bizarre tactics, but we will get our mojo back at some point. We've played some good sides lately, and while our performances have been abject, I wasn't expecting anything from those games from Coventry onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's just a bad run, which is harder to turn around with a paper thin squad and not helped by bizarre tactics, but we will get our mojo back at some point. We've played some good sides lately, and while our performances have been abject, I wasn't expecting anything from those games from Coventry onwards.
    The inability to string a few passes together provides little room for hope this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The inability to string a few passes together provides little room for hope this season.
    All of our players are capable of making a simple pass, the coaches have clearly decided that as a squad where we excel is in aerial duels, so we launch it high at every opportunity. That has been reasonably successful for a couple of seasons but it seems as though teams can deal with that now and we don't have much else to offer.

All of our players are capable of making a simple pass, the coaches have clearly decided that as a squad where we excel is in aerial duels, so we launch it high at every opportunity. That has been reasonably successful for a couple of seasons but it seems as though teams can deal with that now and we don't have much else to offer.
    Nah, that's far too absolute. Most of the team are not capable of passing well at all.

I agree with this.

Are you suggesting that if the players weren't instructed to hoof the ball, they could actually be quite a good passing side? I think there are very few decent passers in the squad and I don't believe a new manager could bring about much change. They are simply not natural footballers, the easy things don't come easy to them.