+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exile in Kingston Upon Thames?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Exile in Kingston Upon Thames?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Sort of City related. I was walking along a beach in Florida about 5 years ago when a chap was heading towards me with his wife, and he was wearing a Swansea shirt! So I smiled as he passed, as part of the great brotherhood of football fans, and uttered to him "You Jack B*****d". He look puzzled. My wife tutted.

I also was buying a new Mini for my wife in 2008 from Hadfield Road and chatting to the salesman , he told me loved football. Yes, Swansea. I refused to buy he car from him and my wife had to go back the following day and buy it from someone else.

It may sound childish but we have to have standards!
    A mate of mine had a similar experience. He and his wife moved to South Africa a number of years ago. Not long after they were there they took a holiday staying in a remote part of the Kruger National Park.

They came down to one of the small posts there to get some provisions. In one of the shops he saw a number of smartly dressed lads in blazers talking with Welsh accents. He chatted with them and found they were a representative Under 18 cricket team from South East Wales who had recently arrived in South Africa. Being away access to media he enquired about the recent football scores.

On asking "how did the Swans get on?" he found himself surrounded by a half dozen teenagers chanting "You Jack Bastard" at him!

Re: Exile in Kingston Upon Thames?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    A mate of mine had a similar experience. He and his wife moved to South Africa a number of years ago. Not long after they were there they took a holiday staying in a remote part of the Kruger National Park.

They came down to one of the small posts there to get some provisions. In one of the shops he saw a number of smartly dressed lads in blazers talking with Welsh accents. He chatted with them and found they were a representative Under 18 cricket team from South East Wales who had recently arrived in South Africa. Being away access to media he enquired about the recent football scores.

On asking "how did the Swans get on?" he found himself surrounded by a half dozen teenagers chanting "You Jack Bastard" at him!
    Strangely re-assuring.......