+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

Supermarkets will be unable to sell items like clothes during the 17-day Covid firebreak lockdown in Wales.
    Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Yes.
    Seriously? The supermarkets will be open anyway. What is the point of preventing them from selling "non-essential" items?

Seriously? The supermarkets will be open anyway. What is the point of preventing them from selling "non-essential" items?
    If you are going to do it, do it properly.

Last time there were plenty of middle-aged women checking out the clothes in M&S. It's a lockdown not a chance to pick up some sensible shoes.

People touch clothes and spend longer browsing them. You don't touch the different brands of cornflakes to decide which you like best.

There's probably an element of fairness to the smaller shops as well. Why should a struggling small business selling clothes have to close but a big supermarket can carry on doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's probably an element of fairness to the smaller shops as well. Why should a struggling small business selling clothes have to close but a big supermarket can carry on doing so?
    Amazon will be rubbing their hands in glee. I dont think people who buy clothes in Supermarkets will shop in small independents anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Amazon will be rubbing their hands in glee. I dont think people who buy clothes in Supermarkets will shop in small independents anyway.
    They sure will and watch all the prices leap up like last time. Things like Lego went off the scale. Luckily my super organised wife has sorted all our kids xmas stuff already so no panic here.....

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Couldnt people just drive over the bridge and do clothes shopping ? ? ?? dont tell the welsh nationalists that though welsh pounds for welsh people and all that

mrs just text me and she was driving passed Asda earlier and the rest of Ferry Rd retail is like christmas. Cars everywhere and people running around like crazed morons.
    End of the world is obviously coming!!

Yes. The more people are out and in contact with others, the more the virus will spread.

I think it would be a good idea if people were limited to 1 hour in there, not sure how that could be done.

I also think a 17 day lockdown is too little, too late.

Yes.

Yes it will stop people going to supermarkets to browse stuff they don’t really need, and if you do, you can buy it online anyway.