+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I rarely have much sympathy for Trump but on the business of postal voting I do, not so much about fraudulent voting (he may have a point there but I have no idea to what extent that might be) but just asking the question why is it necessary? I understand it is an essential service for folk who find it physically impossible to get to a polling station for health reasons but we have neighbours who are perfectly capable of getting to the polling station yet still opt for a postal vote. Apart from sheer laziness what other reasons might there be?

Knowing Trump there must be some evidence that a greater proportion of Democrat voters rely on postal voting than Republicans otherwise he would be shooting himself in the foot surely?
    Why should people have a reason for preferring a postal vote? We used to post letters and now we email. We used to send cheques but now we have electronic methods of transferring money. Life moves on and voting by post is no less respectable than voting in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why should people have a reason for preferring a postal vote? We used to post letters and now we email. We used to send cheques but now we have electronic methods of transferring money. Life moves on and voting by post is no less respectable than voting in person.
    It would help if you found out what the problem is and then commented on that. Postal votes that are personally requested with proof of identity are still being allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It would help if you found out what the problem is and then commented on that. Postal votes that are personally requested with proof of identity are still being allowed.
    Your comment is totally irrelevant to the statement I responded to. Best go back in your basket.

Your comment is totally irrelevant to the statement I responded to. Best go back in your basket.
    Interesting article on Trump's phony electoral fraud commission. Suppression of mail in ballots is a solution looking for a problem and the problem for Trump is not that they are more prone to electoral fraud.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ession-990300/

You said voting by post is no less respectable than voting in person, so I just pointed out that there are two types of postal voting, verified and unverified, so all things are not equally respectable!

You said voting by post is no less respectable than voting in person, so I just pointed out that there are two types of postal voting, verified and unverified, so all things are not equally respectable!
    You seem to be an expert on the difference between a verified and unverified postal ballot. I, and I am sure TBG after your belittling, would welcome an explanation of the difference.

I have seen commentary that there are two types of absentee mail in procedures, one where the state or jurisdiction allows it by exception after an individual request and the other where the state or jurisdiction sends out the option to all voters (the so-called no-excuse absentee ballot). In both instances though the verification procedure is the same.

I am sure you can clear this up but if you need help here are a couple of links.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/absente...ail-in-ballot/

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020...lection-fraud/

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You seem to be an expert on the difference between a verified and unverified postal ballot. I, and I am sure TBG after your belittling, would welcome an explanation of the difference.

I have seen commentary that there are two types of absentee mail in procedures, one where the state or jurisdiction allows it by exception after an individual request and the other where the state or jurisdiction sends out the option to all voters (the so-called no-excuse absentee ballot). In both instances though the verification procedure is the same.

I am sure you can clear this up but if you need help here are a couple of links.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/absente...ail-in-ballot/

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020...lection-fraud/
    I wasn't belittled at all as my comment was about the 'laziness' comment.

I wasn't belittled at all as my comment was about the 'laziness' comment.

Apologies, when I said belittle it was because you never has a MIT professor tell you your thinking was PhD level and you obviously didn't understand the intricacies of the US postal ballot system.... which no doubt WB will clarify later.

bump. Apologies you said that the two different types of postal voting were verified and unverified rather than registered and unregistered. In case you don't embarrass me further what's the difference between verified and unverified postal voting?