+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

Yet another article that shows just how much England are weighed down by Expectation and scrutinised to the nth degree.

It's things like this that show you why players might opt for Wales over England!

It'll be interesting to see how well this article ages, as well...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57596449

Re: Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

In all honesty they have a decent path to the final, and they should make it, but they will never learn.
    Nothing wrong with optimism, but they have ****ed up on so many occasions, i’ve lost count
    For once, why can’t they just be a bit more humble, and have more hope than expectation?

Re: Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

That's my point, Wales fans are happy to be there and anything else is a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It's things like this that show you why players might opt for Wales over England!
    Have any players who had a realistic chance of playing for England opted for Wales instead? If so, who were they?

That's my point, Wales fans are happy to be there and anything else is a bonus!
    That's because we are generally the underdogs tho and getting to the knockouts is a real achievement.

England should make the semis at least really. They are probably the best team on our side of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Have any players who had a realistic chance of playing for England opted for Wales instead? If so, who were they?
    Gareth Bale?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Gareth Bale?
    Oh yeah, the old grandmother bollocks. Fair enough. Shows what a farce international football is I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Gareth Bale?
    Ryan Giggs?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Ryan Giggs?
    Mind you. Thinking back, he chose to sit out international football.

Ryan Giggs?
    Don’t think so with the rules at the time. Think it was Wales or Sierra Leone through family?

I'd probably agree with shearer, England have been well under what would expect and if can play to their potential. Have home game against Germany, a game probably against Sweden and then home against likely against a decent Holland team but I'd expect them to be favourites.

All to finish with another home game

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I'd probably agree with shearer, England have been well under what would expect and if can play to their potential. Have home game against Germany, a game probably against Sweden and then home against likely against a decent Holland team but I'd expect them to be favourites.

All to finish with another home game
    Where have i heard all that before?

I hope they get leathered

Ashley Williams

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ashley Williams
    Vinnie Jonrs 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

David Brooks was very highly thought of at England U21 level, was man of the tournament for them at Toulon. He must have thought at that time he could potentially play for England at senior level.
    Let’s face it though, he probably made the correct decision to play for Wales, as he’d be a million miles off England.

its what you do on the pitch , the English team is full of premiership ponces

Last time we played England we were more than a match for them and were beaten by a very late goal

Bollocks to England

If we play them and get well beaten they can still shove it

Ryan Giggs?
    Not eligible to play for England.

In all honesty they have a decent path to the final, and they should make it, but they will never learn.
    Nothing wrong with optimism, but they have ****ed up on so many occasions, i’ve lost count
    For once, why can’t they just be a bit more humble, and have more hope than expectation?
    I'm not a big fan of Gary Lineker but fair play to him the other night. The pundits were reviewing the Germany v Hungary game and the the first thing Rio F said was something along the lines of, "I wasn't impressed with the Germans, England have nothing to fear, I thing we will beat them" Lineker had to remind him that they were there to discuss Germany not England. Good on him.

When you consider France, Belgium, Italy, Portugal and Spain are in the other half of the draw, England will never have a better chance of reaching the final. Just got everything crossed that it doesn't happen !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    its what you do on the pitch , the English team is full of premiership ponces

Last time we played England we were more than a match for them and were beaten by a very late goal

Bollocks to England

If we play them and get well beaten they can still shove it
    They ****ing battered us in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They ****ing battered us in the second half.
    How many goals did they score ?

It was two for them and one for us

5 nil is a battering

Bollocks to them

Yet another article that shows just how much England are weighed down by Expectation and scrutinised to the nth degree.

It'll be interesting to see how well this article ages, as well...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57596449
    All the major national football teams are weighed down with expectation though.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How many goals did they score ?

It was two for them and one for us

5 nil is a battering

Bollocks to them

3-0 to England the last time the two met and it was only a few months ago.

If they allow there talented players to play he's probably right , however there's fear and running into a real class act in France or us , other than that they could very well .

Don't think this Germany team is very good and I could see them beating Germany with home advance England France final for me but I think it will be more difficult for France with them possibly having to beat Italy and Spain or Belgium to get there.