+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Learning Cymraeg, any takers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Learning Cymraeg, any takers?

As I commented before, it's another example of the FAW becoming politicised. The relative successes of recent years have gone to their heads..

No point, unless you are planning to settle in Anglesey or Patagonia.

If I was younger and my missus wanted our young children to go to Welsh school to say give them the best opportunities for work in Wales then it would benefit the kids if the parents spoke Welsh and I would more than likely entertain the idea.

I would sooner learn Spanish or Italian to potentially help converse with folk in many more parts if the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No point, unless you are planning to settle in Anglesey or Patagonia.

If I was younger and my missus wanted our young children to go to Welsh school to say give them the best opportunities for work in Wales then it would benefit the kids if the parents spoke Welsh and I would more than likely entertain the idea.

I would sooner learn Spanish or Italian to potentially help converse with folk in many more parts if the world.
    I hear plenty of Welsh being spoken at Wales games and there are apparently 37,000 Welsh speakers in Cardiff. That's a lot of trips to Magalluf.