Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
BLM should stick to it's knitting. The UK chapter tweeting that 'British politics was gagged of the right to critique Zionism' is bound to upset a lot of people. Interesting that Spurs say the BLM movement has been highjacked by politics.

And well done Guardiola having a go at the FA for his £20,000 fine for wearing a political symbol supporting Catalan, while they are supporting an increasingly political movement via BLM
I'm not happy to learn that they've Tweeted that. They need to focus on the one topic and stick to it to keep my support.

It's interesting that it's the "British chapter" that have done it... I didn't even know they had one.

It does feel like they are becoming overtly political now (of course the main issue they were focussing on is political in nature anyway) and if that trajectory continues then they will lose quite a bit of support.

Your point about the FA is bollocks though. Until that tweet, BLM have been shown to be an anti-racism group.

Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card are two large anti-racism groups already within football... Maybe they shouldn't be allowed any real estate to share their message in stadiums to because Pep wore a yellow ribbon and was punished?