Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
i think the bigger picture here is the green activists wants to stop or reduce the consumption of beef and most red meats/milk to reduce the impact of the environment in the next few years . This is Bill Gates vision and no doubt we will get Greta being carted out to ram it down our throats in the not so distance future

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...ge-534548.html

in terms of the trade deal it brings in little GDP over the next 15 years as mentioned in the thread
I should image the UK we will remain self efficient in beef , what advantage would be gained in carting beef half way around the planet its would be both costly and not very environmental friendly .

British Farmers and shops could simply produce the up marker profitable cuts , banner and sell home grown products ,and leave it to folk to decide what to buy ,,that would also assist the welfare issues and green issues .

I'd be shocked if 15 years time the markets is flooded with Aussie beef products , especially if our farmers get smart , and yes your right in 15 years time beef consumption will be greatly reduced , and we will probably be eating much more plant based food anyways , another reason for farmers to change their methods and diversify .

What is exciting is that folk under 35 will be able to travel , work and study in Australia more freely in new trade deal and visa versa