Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Straight out of the conservative party manifesto that one

What do marches about child poverty , poor wages and racism achieve ?

Well actually quite a lot

Direct action is often the last recourse

Emily pankhurst got votes for women after throwing herself under a horse , that was a worthy protest I think

And of course when the racist far right english defence league came to cardiff loads of people marched against them and they havnt been seen since

As for government spending taxation is going to have to rise now more than ever before or we will have riots far bigger than those associated with political protests

If the tories dont do it then more fool them
No doubt you will join the rioters/marchers when tax rises. I must admit that you were not nearly so vociferous during the anti semite accusations against the Labour Party as you are supporting the BLM movement. As an aside I see Rebecca Long Bailey has been sacked this afternoon for an implied anti semite tweet and there have been objections to the sackings by some Labour MPs and supporters. I note you didn't reply to my question asking which government can afford to pay for the Utopian Society you believe is possible. You can march as much of you like but at some point a sense of realism has to exist.